Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Murray's rallying call

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
"The Colchester match is the first of three big home games - and the first of five big games generally. We were disappointed with the result at Southampton, because I thought our performance deserved at least a share of the points, which would have helped in our goal of automatic promotion.
Now there are only five games left, though, and we probably have to win at least four, if not all of them, to get that automatic spot, so we have to give it everything we've got."

"Despite the result on Saturday, the team appears to be entering a period of good form, and I really hope to see that continued on Tuesday, Every game is crucial. Even if we are unable to clinch automatic promotion, we must secure a place in the play-offs - and everyone knows we have a bit of history in that competition. But there have been some strange results this season, and while Norwich City look to have promotion sewn up, I think there will be a few more twists and turns before the end of the season. I haven't given up on the second automatic spot, and I know Phil Parkinson and the players haven't either. So let's get behind the team on Tuesday to give us one last push towards those automatic places."

"I must thank supporters for their excellent response to our initiative to sell tickets earlier than usual this season. It has certainly helped with the club's future finances, and the board is very grateful for the commitment fans have again shown the club."

Full story

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35943&newstype=x

Comments

• We will win the playoffs, trust me I had a vision. Stick on the sunderland dvd and get those positive thoughts flying peeps, when we have the home leg get super clive, sasa, rufus and as many as the 20 players as poss if curbs on the pitch before the game stick the highlights on the broken screen and get the valley rocking.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm in 2 minds to go tonight i cant remember the last time I went to the valley and believed we could get that second spot.

From the atmosphere we create to the performances they put on, i dont think anybody really believes we have a good chance.

I wish i felt different as they certainly need our backing in this run in
  • Bring back the clappers!
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Bring back the clappers!

NOOOOO
  • Bring back the flag!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Bring back the flag!!!!

YESSSSS!
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Bring back the clappers!

NOOOOO

Since we did them I've seen West Ham, Fulham and Reading introduce them B-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Bring back the flag!!!![/quote]

YESSSSS![/quote]

Double yessss
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Bring back the flag!!!!

YESSSSS!

Double yessss

Triple yes!
  • BRING BACK CURBS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]BRING BACK CURBS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

double yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I'm in 2 minds to go tonight i cant remember the last time I went to the valley and believed we could get that second spot.

From the atmosphere we create to the performances they put on, i dont think anybody really believes we have a good chance.

I wish i felt different as they certainly need our backing in this run in

Come on son, I'll even buy you a beer!
  • where is the flag?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Bring back the flag!!!![/quote]

YESSSSS![/quote]

Double yessss[/quote]

Triple yes![/quote]

probably not enough people to pass it round !
  • Rothko is currently in Newcastle so I doubt we'll have the flag tonight. Be good to get it out on Saturday though. Depends if we have a full covered end to move it across.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]BRING BACK CURBS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/quote]

double yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/quote]
    Quadruple yesssssssssssss
  • if we get to wembley i think we will sell out whatever we get very very quickly,been a nice enough wait since we last went there.
  • Sod the flag and the clappers you all have a voice and nobody should leave the ground with one tonight.

Time to get right behind the Boys tonight...Is it to early to leave for the OAK???
  • BRING IT ALLLLLLLLL BACKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IVE GOT A SORE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU C&*%&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GET BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I'm in 2 minds to go tonight i cant remember the last time I went to the valley and believed we could get that second spot.

I wish i felt different as they certainly need our backing in this run in[/quote]

Come on son, I'll even buy you a beer![/quote]

I'm going tonight, i know i cant stay away i just wished i believed we can do it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I'm in 2 minds to go tonight i cant remember the last time I went to the valley and believed we could get that second spot.

I wish i felt different as they certainly need our backing in this run in[/quote]

Come on son, I'll even buy you a beer![/quote]

I'm going tonight, i know i cant stay away i just wished i believed we can do it!![/quote]

Come on Bourney its not Brazil in the 70s, its not total footbal dutch master class...

its Colchester, and yes we are all over the place at times but if we play how weve played over the last few games, an early goal and we could get there.......
  • I'm always willing to help with the flag. Not sure the rest of the clan are though!
  • Have not believed we'll get 2nd since the Millwall game.

Performances of late would indicate the team feel the same way. Still I am looking forward to the run in of games, should put everyone's nerves on edge & forget about the booing.
  • If tonight we can overcome the curse of Lisbie somehow then take advantage of a Holtless Norwich on Saturday and pick up 6 points belief might return to the extent that we actually support our team once more rather than boo when certain names are read out.

OUCH! Someone has just woken me up. At least tonight we can try and pretend that it is Lisbie being booed rather than our own!
  • Anyone who boos our players tonight in such a vital match ...... needs to have their head looked at.
  • Totally agree Oggy but we all know it will still happen!
  • I still have 2 clappers in the boot of my car...shall I bring them along...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]BRING IT ALLLLLLLLL BACKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IVE GOT A SORE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU C&*%&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GET BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Bring back marathon!!!
    Oh wrong thread :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Anyone who boos our players tonight in such a vital match ...... needs to have their head looked at.

Not as much as those who will go and sit in silence not bothering to get behind the team...... 80% of the ground then....
  • both flags are in the container in the far corner of the car park.

The Che Hales one really needs a big crowd to work but the smaller, older one is in a red Winston sports bag.

If someone wants to get the flag out then ring Mick Everett at the club and arrange to pick the key up tonight.