Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

according to OS we are going to be seventh or lower??

I know we are not guranteed for play-offs, although i expect it to be all but sealed on tuesday!

On the OS Poll the verdict is:
Top two: 3% of votes
Play Offs: 33% of votes
Seventh and below: 66% of votes

Total votes cast so far 931

Seriously is this a wind up? i know we are moaners at best of times but that seems odd that around 650 people think we will finish lower which is worrying, but i have more faith ill go for us to finish 5th. i'd love us to win all remaining games and come 2nd but cant see it happenning unfortunately

Anyway your thoughts please

Comments

• The season is finely balanced right now.

These two home games this week are absolutely massive. Win both and auto remains a possibility. Lose both or even draw both and even the play-offs are questionable.

Our mental attitude under pressure has been flaky so I can understand the poll result although my own view is that we will finish 5th.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The season is finely balanced right now.

These two home games this week are absolutely massive. Win both and auto remains a possibility. Lose both or even draw both and even the play-offs are questionable.

Our mental attitude under pressure has been flaky so I can understand the poll result although my own view is that we will finish 5th.

Great minds eh ;o) yeah i completely agree, i have a feeling we will win both but then easier said then done
  • win tomorrow night and we could afford to really have a go Saturday as we'll be pretty much guaranteed a play-off spot.

a win tomorrow will make Saturday a cracking game, defeat and Saturday won't be pleasant I fear
  • It reflects the tools that use 'your views'
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]win tomorrow night and we could afford to really have a go Saturday as we'll be pretty much guaranteed a play-off spot.

a win tomorrow will make Saturday a cracking game, defeat and Saturday won't be pleasant I fear

agreed, only one result needed tomorrow then we can push on and at least have a go at 2nd

[cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]It reflects the tools that use 'your views'

Yeah i assumed that, a poll on here would be a more truthful reflection of the public/charlton :o)
  • The return of Deon is vital to us...if he's back tomorrow showing a bit of decent form and he can stay in reasonable shape until the end of the season then anything is possible.
    Looking forward to a decent sustained partnership with Forster.
  • something must be wrong with this - can't believe even charlton fans can be that pessistic!
  • Colchester fans visiting the OS for ticket and travel info
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Colchester fans visiting the OS for ticket and travel info

at last some logic which explains it all :o)
  • Nothing like a bit of positivity from the fans when we need it most!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Colchester fans visiting the OS for ticket and travel info

Norwich and Leeds fans looking to buy tickets
  • Don't think all 650-odd have been U fans !!

Its quite simple to understand, if we lose tomorrow night then Colchester are only 3 points behind us with our next game being the league leaders with our final home game being a certain Leeds Utd !! Not hard to see why some people may think that we might not pick up more than 3 or 4 points betwee now and May 8th.

Its not like we have to play anyone easy

Finally..........Colchester are our bogey team. We lost 3-0 at their place earlier this season and 2 years ago they went down bottom and they still picked up 4 points from playing us !

Yes, I, for one, am fearing tomorrow night !!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Don't think all 650-odd have been U fans !!

Its quite simple to understand, if we lose tomorrow night then Colchester are only 3 points behind us with our next game being the league leaders with our final home game being a certain Leeds Utd !! Not hard to see why some people may think that we might not pick up more than 3 or 4 points betwee now and May 8th.

Its not like we have to play anyone easy

Finally..........Colchester are our bogey team. We lost 3-0 at their place earlier this season and 2 years ago they went down bottom and they still picked up 4 points from playing us !

Yes, I, for one, am fearing tomorrow night !!!!!!!!!

Golfie, to be fair you'd be worried if we were in Norwich's position.
  • 66% of the fans can't be wrong...
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]66% of the fans can't be wrong...

i can assure you they can ... they probably all thought we'd stay up after curbs left and pardew was our saviour ...
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]66% of the fans can't be wrong...

i can assure you they can ... they probably all thought we'd stay up after curbs left and pardew was our saviour ...

Curbs did a grossly inadequate job in only giving us boring mid table premiership football for 6 years and not being talented enough to take us to the next level.

He also left us with a crap squad which could only finish 12th in the Premiership thus putting Dowie and later Pardew under unreasonable intolerable pressure.

It is all the fault of Curbs that we are in division 3 and nobody else at all.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

Plus you can vote as many times as you like on the OS polls, they mean very little.
  • A win tomorrow would stick us in the play offs pretty much for certain and as is said above it would also give us a chance to really attack Norwich on Saturday and go for the automatics knowing we have nothing to lose. A defeat and it will all be rather scary for the run in. I would probably take a draw right now....it would leave us needing probably only 3-4 points to get the play off spot.

I had been worried about our chances in the play offs but as long as Southampton don't make it I reckon we stand as good a chance as any, Huddersfield and Colchester are no great shakes, Swindon will be knackered and hopefully Leeds or Millwall will be gutted about missing out on 2ns spot!
  • The views poll has always been a poorly run waste of time, as one person can just keep clicking multiple votes. One Millwall, Norwich or Leeds fan with a few mins to spare probably accounts for nearly all of those 66%.
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]The views poll has always been a poorly run waste of time, as one person can just keep clicking multiple votes. One Millwall, Norwich or Leeds fan with a few mins to spare probably accounts for nearly all of those 66%.

Really? i dont think so tbh, i gurantee 99% of the votes are from charlton supportes but as someone said its probably the same people who are on your views so doesn't really mean much
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

Curbs did a grossly inadequate job in only giving us boring mid table premiership football for 6 years and not being talented enough to take us to the next level.

He also left us with a crap squad which could only finish 12th in the Premiership thus putting Dowie and later Pardew under unreasonable intolerable pressure.

Although your being sarcastic i assume len, i agree with that partly and reason we have got so low is partly due to Curbs. Yes he done a fantastic job here but imo he was 2 years to late in resigning, he also left us with rubbish players so pardew had to get many ppl in which he failed, either due to not enough team like most new teams to gel and the fact hes not that good a manager about as tactically aware as old parky.....but this is all going of subject so dont want to get into my opinons we haven't got all day! lol
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

LOL Len......You sound just like D_F_T & Co.
  • The whole reason our players struggle and look shaky is because the fans are too and it reflects on the players!Our fans are so pessimistic its unreal!
  • If there was a league showing the most pessimistic fans , we would just miss the play offs :(
  • As much as I believe the OS does not truly reflect the fans views, I do however think that if we do not win tonight and on Sat then the we could be hanging on to the play offs. Especially if Saints continue to do well as they have seemingly good fixtures.
  • Would take these polls more seriously if they were modded right, i mean you can vote as many times as you want on the same computer, probs Palace fans doing it.