Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Dartford F.C.

Back to the level they played their football when they went out of business a few years back following their promotion to conference south yesterday.

Comments

• Blimey Fleet vs Darts next season then. Can't see the Fleet escaping relegation now
  • So now next season in the BSS are Welling, Bromley, Ebbsfleet & Dartford, local derbies much
  • Dover still have a shout of promotion via the play-offs too.
  • cray wanderers have done extremely well this season in their first season in ryman prem currently half way a outstanding achievement.
  • Yep, great news for the town.

In my opinion, there is no reason why they can't get back to back promotions and get in the Conference. They have a team with goals in and a decent manager - combine that with a fantastic ground and decent numbers supporting them both home and away it will be an attractive proposition for players who they want to sign.

Good luck to them.
  • it's Cray's 150th anniversary next season and from speaking to their manager they would love to play us in a pre-season friendly.Let's hope someone from the club can make it happen.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]it's Cray's 150th anniversary next season and from speaking to their manager they would love to play us in a pre-season friendly.Let's hope someone from the club can make it happen.
    We should there's no reason not to. Are they still playing at Bromley?
  • yep although applying to build a new complex in sandy lane opposite the dry ski slope.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]cray wanderers have done extremely well this season in their first season in ryman prem currently half way a outstanding achievement.

do cray wanderers still play around sidcup hill near oxford road?
  • No. There is still a ground at Oxford Road but its more like a Cow Field. Played for Dartford Reserves there a few seasons ago.....shocking place to play football.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]cray wanderers have done extremely well this season in their first season in ryman prem currently half way a outstanding achievement.

do cray wanderers still play around sidcup hill near oxford road?

No they play at Hayes Lane (Bromley's ground).
  • Played on Bromley's pitch yesterday, apart from the fact that it is massive it's held up pretty well considering two teams play there.

Seeing this is a congratulations Thread, special congratulations to the Bromley U-13's who won the London Cup yesterday & were showing off their trophies at the ground afterwards.
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]So now next season in the BSS are Welling, Bromley, Ebbsfleet & Dartford, local derbies much

Does anyone know how they work out the teams in the BSS as Grays and Ebbsfleet should surely go into the BSS, and probably Forest Green would as well. But that would leave no team going into the North, so what happens?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Back to the level they played their football when they went out of business a few years back following their promotion to conference south yesterday.

i was with doddy yesterday he was still hungover from the celebs LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]No. There is still a ground at Oxford Road but its more like a Cow Field. Played for Dartford Reserves there a few seasons ago.....shocking place to play football.

did you play with or know either adam or luke morrish by any chance?
  • I do know of them, they were first team players and as i only appeared a couple of times for the first team i didnt really play with them. My brother knows them pretty well as he's played with them at a few clubs, Erith & Belvedere, VCD, Chatham, Dartford....
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]So now next season in the BSS are Welling, Bromley, Ebbsfleet & Dartford, local derbies much

Does anyone know how they work out the teams in the BSS as Grays and Ebbsfleet should surely go into the BSS, and probably Forest Green would as well. But that would leave no team going into the North, so what happens?

Looks very much like Grays will not be playing in BSS next year. They are losing their ground after being there for 100 years (redevelopment) and they can't afford the £55,000 offered by Thurrock to groundshare. They may well have to drop to the Ryman league, ground sharing with Tilbury. Can't see Julian Dicks hanging around!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]So now next season in the BSS are Welling, Bromley, Ebbsfleet & Dartford, local derbies much

No idea, but it's going to be a mess with Chester and Farsley Celtic going bust.

Three teams were relegated from BSP to BSS last season, so it could be the same again this year.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I do know of them, they were first team players and as i only appeared a couple of times for the first team i didnt really play with them. My brother knows them pretty well as he's played with them at a few clubs, Erith & Belvedere, VCD, Chatham, Dartford....

thought you might. i know adam pretty well, i DJ'd his wedding last year. He was at southend as well but his career was screwed up by injuries, Iv only met Luke a few times.
    funniest memory of them was i was at their house for the world cup 2002 match v sweden i think it was, because of the time difference i think we were playing at 10 in the morning on a sunday and there was this vehicle recovery truck on the other side of the road, we were all drinking early and im sure it was a draw, at the final whistle we were standing on the recovery truck doing mooneys at passing traffic in shepherds lane dartford at about midday. very funny at the time, top men those two...
  • Good to see that Bromley youth are still number 1 in London.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Dover still have a shout of promotion via the play-offs too.

Dover are my second (possibly even joint first) team due to family ties, and with the form we're in, I'd make us favourites in the playoffs to return to the Conference. The job that Hessenthaeler's done has been nothing short of incredible and this would be a third straight promotion.

When we fell to Ryman Divison 1 level (4 leagues below the football league) I didn't think I'd see Dover back in the Conference for at least 10 to 15 years, but it seems we may make a dramatic return to our own relative 'promised land'. Problems ahead if we do go up though. You can't go from playing pony sides with home gates of 80 to full time ex-league giants in the space of a couple of years without some type of reality check. Still, in Hess we trust!
  • Tonbridge Angels are also in the mix, not lost a game since Feb 13th and with games in hand could easily make the play offs...
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]it's Cray's 150th anniversary next season and from speaking to their manager they would love to play us in a pre-season friendly.Let's hope someone from the club can make it happen.
    Wouldn't be surprised, we've sent them a few of our u18s on work experience last couple of years. Though that's also true for a few clubs in the BSS and Ryman leagues. I'd imagine someone at Charlton has a contact or two at clubs like Cray.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Dover still have a shout of promotion via the play-offs too.

Dover are my second (possibly even joint first) team due to family ties, and with the form we're in, I'd make us favourites in the playoffs to return to the Conference. The job that Hessenthaeler's done has been nothing short of incredible and this would be a third straight promotion.

When we fell to Ryman Divison 1 level (4 leagues below the football league) I didn't think I'd see Dover back in the Conference for at least 10 to 15 years, but it seems we may make a dramatic return to our own relative 'promised land'. Problems ahead if we do go up though. You can't go from playing pony sides with home gates of 80 to full time ex-league giants in the space of a couple of years without some type of reality check. Still, in Hess we trust!

Haven't Dover spent quite a bit of money for that level though?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]it's Cray's 150th anniversary next season and from speaking to their manager they would love to play us in a pre-season friendly.Let's hope someone from the club can make it happen.
    Wouldn't be surprised, we've sent them a few of our u18s on work experience last couple of years. Though that's also true for a few clubs in the BSS and Ryman leagues. I'd imagine someone at Charlton has a contact or two at clubs like Cray.

theres a young lad there called George Porter very raw but with bags of pace and energy,could become a very good player and i know he is involved at some kind of level with Charlton, it may only be training with them.