Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parachute payments.

Anybody else see this in the papers today? Why don't they just do away with relegation altogether if they are going to make it virtually impossible to compete with a newly relegated club anyway and it's hardly going to encourage prudent management of wages, etc is it...

Parachute payments to be extended?

Comments

• Fella I know - a Leicester fan - was telling me about the parachute payment divi up only this week. I hadn't realised that because Newcastle and WBA are going up this year it means that the money they would have got in parachute payments next year instead gets distibuted across the division so everyone gets more bunce - and even more reason why going up this year is vital.
  • Saw this about a month ago and wondered why no one picked up on it. Having killed off the interest in the prem the powers that be seem keen to repeat the boring procession at the top of the Prem with the Championship. Football in this country is changing so much I can see more and more people moving away from supporting the traditional league teams and watching their local non league side where leagues are competitive and you can get in easily and cheaply.
  • What does this actually mean?
    Does it help the relegated club to pay off it's overspending or do we hope they get promoted straight away so the rest of the clubs get a little bit more?
    Linky bit
  • It means we have to get promoted this season to have any realistic chance of competing at the top of the Championship in the near future.....

but we knew that anyway what with the club's finances as they are