Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pardew breaks Charlton hearts again

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8092417.Pardew_breaks_Charlton_hearts_again/

Comments

• Darren Randolph dOve well...
  • you ugly mug pardew, screw u. saints going nowhere this year, no pressure either after the 10 point deduction. wait till you sell lambert, llalllaanaaaa and davies sold off in the summer and see how you do next year
  • edited April 2010
    Amen to that! Leeds managed the play offs with a 15 point deduction and were slightly unlucky to lose the final, what Pardew has done at Southampton given the money they have and the lack of pressure- is in reality a failure (thus far and hopefully to the end of the season) I'm sure it won't take their sugar daddy long to realise that either.
  • Disgree lads. Will take that team time to gel and they will be a real force next season if they dont make the playoffs this year. Their squad will be stronger and ours weaker if neither of us go up and I would rather be in their position tonight.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]I would rather be in their position tonight.

As in outside the playoff places? I don't disagree that they'll be next years favourites but I suspect most of them would swap with us right now.
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]you ugly mug pardew, screw u. saints going nowhere this year, no pressure either after the 10 point deduction. wait till you sell lambert, llalllaanaaaa and davies sold off in the summer and see how you do next year

Unless teams offer top money they will be staying here. All of them love it here too.

I reckon you're a tad bitter about your defeat today...
  • Yes mate. I dont fancy us 1 bit over 3 games in the play offs. Cant see us having the mental toughness or belief for the final itself after the total bottle job we witnessed in new cross and i think an away game at leeds or millwall would make us come unstuck.

The nerves we have at home combined with the boo boys almost negates it as a home game and i think the pressure would be too much.

As someone has pointed out Pardew and his players are under absolutely no pressure. They started on minus ten and even their fans posting on here reckon its hit or miss if they make playoffs whereas weve been in the mix al season and whilst promotion this term has been an expectation not getting promoted will affect us more than it would southampton who bit the bullet and sorted their finances out last year with new investment.

Theyve already had winning experience at wembley and they have goals in them whereas we havent got any out an out goal getters this year when Deon hasnt played.

Whilst im gutted and will continue to hope that well get promotion i dont think we will now that automatic is looking less and less feasible and i havent seen anything in our form or performances that has indicated we've turned a corner so i think that expecting promotion now is just dragging out the optimism unfortunately.

Still be back next year of course cheering the team on but i will be fed up with the board if the management set up is still the same because if we dont go up this year then surely even stevie wonder could see that it aint working.
  • Also difference between us and saints is that Pardew has the luxury of building a team and squad now and next season whereas we are curretly patching up one that will deterioate next year if we dont go up.
  • Parky deserves at least until the end of the season and then we go from there, we need to get behind the team.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]you ugly mug pardew, screw u. saints going nowhere this year, no pressure either after the 10 point deduction. wait till you sell lambert, llalllaanaaaa and davies sold off in the summer and see how you do next year[/quote]

Unless teams offer top money they will be staying here. All of them love it here too.

I reckon you're a tad bitter about your defeat today...[/quote]

Probably more bitter about how he shafted us and is in a big way responsible for the situation we're in now, and how a team can take the option of bancrupcy then a week latter be the biggest spenders in the league. but don't let those facts confuse you.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]you ugly mug pardew, screw u. saints going nowhere this year, no pressure either after the 10 point deduction. wait till you sell lambert, llalllaanaaaa and davies sold off in the summer and see how you do next year

Probably more bitter about how he shafted us and is in a big way responsible for the situation we're in now, and how a team can take the option of bancrupcy then a week latter be the biggest spenders in the league. but don't let those facts confuse you.

Ok, no worries. What should we have done? Just kept the squad from last season, maybe added a few frees and loans and got relegated?

The amount of stick we get for spending money is unbelievable. Yes, we almost went bust, Markus Liebherr than paid out the debts and got himself a bargain and is now trying to get this club back to the Premiership.

If this happened to Charlton you'd all be jumping around.

Maybe you should also hit some of the blame to your current manager for why you're in this league, Pardew did leave you in Novemeber remember....
  • Can't disagree with any of that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]you ugly mug pardew, screw u. saints going nowhere this year, no pressure either after the 10 point deduction. wait till you sell lambert, llalllaanaaaa and davies sold off in the summer and see how you do next year

Maybe you should also hit some of the blame to your current manager for why you're in this league, Pardew did leave you in Novemeber remember....

Are you on drugs? Our current situation is all Pardew's fault , the fault of the fans that boo, the fault of fans like me who refuse to accept we deserve better management, the fault of us being the only team in football to have injuries and be unlucky in games, the fault of anyone who has the opinion that perhaps the board hasnt acted as competently as perhaps it should have since curbs departure, the fault of Jon Jo for not picking himself, the fault of players getting the hump when being played in ueffective positions in tactically- inadequate systems and the fault of lloyd sam, nicky bailey, rob elliot or whichever player has a below par performance.

Oh and its the fault of the pot holes in the west stand car park.

Now under no circumstances is our position, plight or current prospects any fault whatsoever of those who manage the club off the pitch or the team on it.

Geddit?
  • you forgot to blame the refs , we're always so unlucky with decisions
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

Are you on drugs? Our current situation is all Pardew's fault , the fault of the fans that boo, the fault of fans like me who refuse to accept we deserve better management, the fault of us being the only team in football to have injuries and be unlucky in games, the fault of anyone who has the opinion that perhaps the board hasnt acted as competently as perhaps it should have since curbs departure, the fault of Jon Jo for not picking himself, the fault of players getting the hump when being played in ueffective positions in tactically- inadequate systems and the fault of lloyd sam, nicky bailey, rob elliot or whichever player has a below par performance.

Oh and its the fault of the pot holes in the west stand car park.

Now under no circumstances is our position, plight or current prospects any fault whatsoever of those who manage the club off the pitch or the team on it.

Geddit?
    Ok.

I forgot the part where Charlton were relegated from The Championship in Novemeber.... Maybe even the players could take some of the blame as to why you're here, they do play the football afterall.

It's not like I'm saying Pardew didn't play his part as it would appear he did, I'm saying there are more people at fault along with Pardew.
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]you forgot to blame the refs , we're always so unlucky with decisions
    Plenty of decisions went your way today when they shouldn't have. So maybe your luck is changing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]

Ok, no worries. What should we have done? Just kept the squad from last season, maybe added a few frees and loans and got relegated?

The amount of stick we get for spending money is unbelievable. Yes, we almost went bust, Markus Liebherr than paid out the debts and got himself a bargain and is now trying to get this club back to the Premiership.

If this happened to Charlton you'd all be jumping around.

I think Pardew has done very well for you - he has bought some good players & has them playing well - I think Southampton are pretty much shoe-ins for an automatic spot next season, pound for pound you have a much better squad than we have.
  • Saints fan, I think you missed the sarcasm in the two comments you quoted there
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Saints fan, I think you missed the sarcasm in the two comments you quoted there

:doh:

Didn't read the top one closely.
  • Pardew is a money grabber, took a million pound after he drove us into the ground. Saw him in harrods a few days after right as rain. He bought players with no thought. 1 decent signing out of the 10 or
    more signings he made.
  • edited April 2010
    I had the pleasure of meeting Pardew when he was our manager. At the time he had just joined us and we were still in the Prem and he was popular with the fans (including me), so I went up to him, said hi and keep up the good work and he pretty much looked at me as though i was a piece of sh1t and wondered off - the bloke is a self righteous, big headed nob. Yes Southampton have possibly got a better squad than us at this moment, but with him in charge they won't get far cause he will be shagging one of their wifes / girlfriends and bringing in 100 new strikers in the summer to ensure any good work he did this year is ruined.
  • Sponsored links:

• my brother met him at pizza hut round the croydon area when he took us over,said was really charming and chatted away,then next day so him at forest hill train station.
  • edited April 2010

i reckon your right :-) i must remember not to post on here after a few beers