Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are we all fickle?

The predictions for the game (on this website) are generally very optimistic for a difficult game at Southampton. It was only a little while ago that OS had predictors forecasting a loss at home to Gillingham - a somewhat average team. I wonder why.

Comments

• Our defence has improved the last two games.....plus he's now playing Jonjo. Oh, and we have Forster.
  • At the time the Gills had not won away all season and we are known for being the "doctors" of the league.......teams that are failing always do well against us

and now we have had a reasonable run with 2 consecutive clean sheets.

however,

I can only see one result tomorrow.........a Saints win. They score goals and we don't. simples
  • Always going to be biased towards charlton people on this site, i myself try looking at it neutrally but still have voted and predicted this result draw, maybe snatch a win

if i supported any other team would have put southampton to win 2-0nil, just part of the parcel we try to be neutral but then sometimes recent form and our heart rule our head
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I can only see one result tomorrow.........a Saints win. They score goals and we don't. simples
    The concede goals and we don't.
    Simples :-)

We have 2 clean sheets from our last 2 games, Saints have played bottom half opposition in their last 3 games and not kept a clean sheet.
  • edited April 2010
    It's not bias, it's optimism! ( :-)
  • I don't think we're fickle. Hang on a minute, maybe we are. Nope, actually, I think I was right first time - maybe.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    I can only see one result tomorrow.........a Saints win. They score goals and we don't. simples

I'm not sure where this myth comes from that we don't score goals. Do you know how many times we've failed to score in the last 13 games? Once (Millwall Away)

The problem for some time has been the defence. We always have enough about us to nick a goal, so it's the clean sheets that are important. See the last two games for prime examples.