Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester (h)

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Whats everyones opinion on this match. Would you rather see colchester win at the weekend and get it out their system before tuesday? Plus do you think Parky will get them fired up 1) Because they stuffed us when we could have been 3 up before they scored and 2) because he managed them?

Comments

• Definitely want Colchester to win on Saturday against Swindon.

We have a 9 point play- off cushion which, if we lose to Big Nose and they win, could go down to 6 BUT if we beat them on Tuesday we are back to 9 points with only 4 games to play.

Even we can't throw that away!
  • weekend could do with them winning or drawing, but only for points purposes. I should hope PP can get the players up for this one, the 3-0nil at theres was embarassing! most depressing game i have been to for charlton imo so lets hope the players & parky have it in there heads still and we dish out a spanking
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]weekend could do with them winning or drawing, but only for points purposes. I should hope PP can get the players up for this one, the 3-0nil at theres was embarassing! most depressing game i have been to for charlton imo so lets hope the players & parky have it in there heads still and we dish out a spanking

Clearly you didn't go to Millwall.
  • oh come on jonnybev1987, are you forgetting The Den debacle of less than a month ago ??
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]weekend could do with them winning or drawing, but only for points purposes. I should hope PP can get the players up for this one, the 3-0nil at theres was embarassing! most depressing game i have been to for charlton imo so lets hope the players & parky have it in there heads still and we dish out a spanking

Or Northwich.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]weekend could do with them winning or drawing, but only for points purposes. I should hope PP can get the players up for this one, the 3-0nil at theres was embarassing! most depressing game i have been to for charlton imo so lets hope the players & parky have it in there heads still and we dish out a spanking

Yeah i did actually, didnt think of that but still collectively we was as poor

didnt go northwich thankfully, watched on le t.v
  • I think that like all Charlton teams I have seen over the years we have AT LEAST one hugely embarassing defeat in us before the end of the season......My bets on Exeter or Oldham though !
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]oh come on jonnybev1987, are you forgetting The Den debacle of less than a month ago ??

I did try ;o) God damn you for reminding me, i was hoping was just a nightmare lol i blanked from my mind as didn't want to remember it
  • one game at a time
  • edited April 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]you should have researched google before posting that comment :0)

you should have researched google before posting that comment :0)
  • I wish I could forget about the Millwall game too, johnny
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite].

what did that say?

[cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]you should have researched google before posting that comment :0)

you should have researched google before posting that comment :0)

i will do next time when i feel i need to be brought down a peg or two!
  • They draw with Swindon and we beat Southampton would be the best result B-)
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]weekend could do with them winning or drawing, but only for points purposes. I should hope PP can get the players up for this one, the 3-0nil at theres was embarassing! most depressing game i have been to for charlton imo so lets hope the players & parky have it in there heads still and we dish out a spanking

it was supposed to quote this but came out wrong. i was just being sarcastic after the astroturf thread :-)
  • Parky's record v Colchester is poor- 5-1 defeat for Hull and 0-3 for us. They will sure be giving him some stick on tuesday but I fail to see how this can affect the team. I personally think Colchester will not win on Sat so they will come to the Valley in desparate need for 3 points.

The Colchester away game was a long time ago so not sure whether this will be on the players minds especially as the chances are there will be players such as Mooney, Forster, Borrowdale, Sodje and Randolph playing who did not play at their place.

The only motivation the players need is that a win will possible secure our play off spot and give us a real shot at automatic. Also with Norwich the game after, this is a must win.