Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richardson in League One team of the week....

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
yet come 8th in the player ratings for MK Dons, and 5th for Carlisle.

Good to see him get a bit of consistency back, but i still don't think he has fully returned to the performance levels he was consistantly putting in before his injury lay-off. Still more to come there IMO.

Personally, if there were two players i would consider for the team of the week it would be Randolph and Sam Sodje.

Comments

• Id throw Semedo into that mix.....Cant see how Frazer made it...
  • I think he was one of our better players and had a solid week game as i noted my ratings, also delivered a fierce corner!
  • I thought he and Sam were the 2 best players against Carlisle, so shows how opinions differ. Richardson put several quality balls into the box, frequently went on the overlap, and didn't get beaten by their left winger once. That constitutes a good game I reckon.
  • Clearly the selection is based on the fact we conceded no goals and he bagged an assist.

I can't believe the press use any more scientific rationale behind their selections
  • Thought he had his best game in the shirt against Carlisle. Seems to have developed a mean corner to his game too.
  • Also, how good are the other right backs in this division. I don't think Richardson is amazing (had a good game against Carlisle, mind) but I'd say he's one of the better players in his position.

Swisdom is almost definitely right, though. Clean sheet + assist = amazing game for Richardson. I looked at the football league website a few days ago and noticed in a 'team of the week' from a few months ago, Semedo was in at left back. I don't remember him playing in that position this season - has he played there?