Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ONLY in Liverpool

BDLBDL
edited April 2010 in Not Sports Related
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8604663.stm

Wonder if his name was Bernie and if he was just over for the weekend?

Comments

• Options
    Your not wrong only in Liverpool.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I was going to suggest they should have checked him in but that's another £20 on the price of a ticket...

Dear oh dear, what were they thinking.
  • Options
    They probably arrested the dead body too..
  • Options
    I dont know its one odd story. imagine if you were sat next to him! urght.
  • Options
    reminds me of a story told by a caller to the Danny Baker Show.

Some Coventry fans travelled down by car to the Cov v Spurs final but one of them died on the way.

They decided that he wouldn't have wanted them to miss the game so they left him in the car, went to the match and then took him home.

I hope it was true.
  • Options
    I can imagine the reaction from airport secuirty from now on...

'Did you pack your cases, sir?'

'Yes'

'Could anyone have tampered with them?'

'No'

'Got any dead bodies with you?'

'Er...'
  • Options
    Love how they put sunglasses on him!
  • Options
    Saving fees on the repatriating the body? this one has more details.

daily fail
  • Options
    Not sure I get the point of the thread title. "ONLY in Liverpool".

As I understand it they were Germans who had been visiting family in Oldham. Just happened they were planning to use Liverpool John Lennon Airport. That aside there is no Liverpool connection. They taxi they arrived in was from the Oldham area.

Unusual case but nothing to do with the people of Liverpool!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Not sure I get the point of the thread title. "ONLY in Liverpool".

As I understand it they were Germans who had been visiting family in Oldham. Just happened they were planning to use Liverpool John Lennon Airport. That aside there is no Liverpool connection. They taxi they arrived in was from the Oldham area.

There has been a week's mourning declared by the liverpool mayor in light of the antics and nobody needs to go to work during that period.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Not sure I get the point of the thread title. "ONLY in Liverpool".

There has been a week's mourning declared by the liverpool mayor in light of the antics and nobody needs to go to work during that period.
    Not many taking part in that, then...
  • Options
    Bit behind the times lads! You ought to try visiting Liverpool sometime.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Bit behind the times lads! You ought to try visiting Liverpool sometime.

Lived there for 4 years ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Bit behind the times lads! You ought to try visiting Liverpool sometime.

Lived there for 4 years ;-)
    Have you got a video of it..?
  • Options
    Strange quotes from the widow. I know she is grieving but even so ...

"My Willi is my god. I [have loved] my Willi for 22 years."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8604663.stm
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Bit behind the times lads! You ought to try visiting Liverpool sometime.[/quote]

Lived there for 4 years ;-)[/quote]

Live there now. Only thing I miss about London is CAFC. Seen a lot of improvements in my time here. Still plenty of 'scallys' but no more than anywhere else. But overall a much better quality of life.

Still not sure why the dead German (via Oldham) at the airport merits the "ONLY in Liverpool" thread title?
  • Options
    Were they travelling by SCENIC AIRWAYS? 24 hours to get to Germany...crap pilot!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]Were they travelling by SCENIC AIRWAYS? 24 hours to get to Germany...crap pilot!
    Should have flown RAF....
  • Options
    It's like the film 'weekend at Bernies'!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]It's like the film 'weekend at Bernies'!
    Only 4 hours late with that one...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whoops! Missed that! I'd like to blame the iPhone but maybe I'm just half asleep.
  • Options
    Why the ONLY in Liverpool title. One of my "older" colleagues is a Scouser ( a rampant Evertonian), he read it first, had a massive fit of giggles, told me about it on the BBC website and then said - "Only in Liverpool son, only in Liverpool......."
  • Options
    I wish my missus thought my willi was god.... she loved her willi for 22 years.. take it she enjoyed consuming the carpet before then..

Wonder if they tied fishing wire around his hands to make him move like a puppet.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Why the ONLY in Liverpool title. One of my "older" colleagues is a Scouser ( a rampant Evertonian), he read it first, had a massive fit of giggles, told me about it on the BBC website and then said - "Only in Liverpool son, only in Liverpool......."[/quote]

Perhaps I haven't developed a scouse sense of humour yet :-)

They do have a great ability to laugh at themselves. Trouble is it can be to the detriment of the City.

The incident with the body does beggar belief though. Taxi driver that drove them to the airport without suspecting must be taking some ribbing from his mates!
  • Options
    When we play Oldham away, me and a few pals are gonna stay in Liverpool as its only 50 mins on the train and its a better night out than Manc. Im trying to book a hotel in the city centre but they are all booked! (Rihanna concert and a few other things going on).
    I know the outskirts can be abit rough, but was wondering if you adpoted scousers knew the best towns to stay in just outside of Liverpool, preferably the Manchester side of Liverpool, so we can get off there after the game, get ready and then cab it into the city?
  • Options
    The Royal hotel in Waterloo is about 10 mins out of town. under a 10'er to get into town. Waterloo is near crosby.
  • Options
    Cheers Curb_It, will check that out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]When we play Oldham away, me and a few pals are gonna stay in Liverpool as its only 50 mins on the train and its a better night out than Manc. Im trying to book a hotel in the city centre but they are all booked! (Rihanna concert and a few other things going on).
    I know the outskirts can be abit rough, but was wondering if you adpoted scousers knew the best towns to stay in just outside of Liverpool, preferably the Manchester side of Liverpool, so we can get off there after the game, get ready and then cab it into the city?

Innkeepers Lodge might be an option. There are a couple. Liverpool South one is pretty close to the city centre (£10 in a taxi). Easy to find on the main southern route into the City. Close to the airport (if you want to see the scene of the crime!). Come to think of it there are a couple of new hotels at the airport as well!