Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should we drop Semedo

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
for the Southampton game?

Not, I hasten to add, because he has played badly quite the contrary in fact!

However 10 bookings, up to and including 10 April, means a 2 match ban and Jose is on 9 after yesterday. Is it better to sacrifice him for one match rather than risk losing him for the vital six pointer against Colchester, which could seal a play-off place whilst leaving hope of more, and the home game against Norwich which we need to try and win.

Discuss

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I think after April 11th all bookings are wiped out the players start afresh.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
  • Tricky one. But i think we need to concentrate on one game at a time. At the moment our most important game is Southampton. No point leaving him out and losing to Saints just so he's ok for Colchester and Norwich as our automatic hopes would be all but gone if we lose.
    So i think Parky needs to pick him and then worry about it after if gets suspended.
  • Was wondering that myself, reckon it might be a worth a shot. I think he would be missed more against Colchester and Norwich than Southampton, and tend to think we have a better chance of picking points up in the two home games.

On that basis, I would be inclined to drop him for Southampton - make Bailey or Racon play a bit deeper instead.
  • Think it's the 11th so as long as he doesn't get one Saturday he'll be ok.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]I think after April 10 all bookings are wiped out the players start afresh. So he'll effectively be on zero bookings for the season at the start of the Southampton game.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Saints is the last game he can earn a suspension from. He effectively returns to zero bookings with effect from Colchester at home.
  • No, pick our best players for each match. You get the same number of points for Southampton as you do v Colchester. If you drop him for Southampton then he definately misses a game, if you include he may miss a game.
  • We can not afford to lose any games. Semedo is our best player - pick him.
  • I'd always play him away from home, drop him at home, he isn't needed. Therefore play him at Southampton and pick up his booking and he'll miss the next two, at home, where he isn't really needed anyway.
  • The team is playing well as a unit - and Semedo is an integral part of it.

As the Americans say, if it ain't broke don't fix it ..... and that includes Semedo running the risk of a booking.
  • we were discussing this yesterday, I tend to agree with se9addick - pick the best team available and worry about it if/when he gets booked.

A win at Southampton on saturday would be massive and I think Semedo has been our best player for a few weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'd always play him away from home, drop him at home, he isn't needed. Therefore play him at Southampton and pick up his booking and he'll miss the next two, at home, where he isn't really needed anyway.

Large on the money IMO
  • League games without Semedo in the starting eleven:

W 2-1 Exeter (H)
    L 0-3 Colchester (A)
    D 0-0 Leeds (A)
    D 0-0 Oldham (H)
    W 2-1 Huddersfield (H)
    W 1-0 Southend (H)
    D 1-1 Walsall (A)
    D 1-1 Swindon (A)
    W 2-0 Yeovil (H)
    L 1-2 Brighton (H)
    W 2-0 Stockport (H)
  • Tempting as I think we will lose on Saturday yet still have a chance of promotion...

But we have Nicky Bailey who is the love of my life...
  • Semedo and Racon to start in the middle Saturday. 2 Clean sheets in a row and i wouldnt change the line-up if i were parky. bailey on bench