Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spectators

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Have you ever been the first person to take their place at a Charlton (or any) match, and have you ever been the last person to leave?
Often wondered who those people could be, has to be somebody.

Comments

• In the arly 70's I would sometimes go to Stamford Bridge with some of my school mates rather than go to Chalrton on my own. On a number occasions we stayed in the Shed end until no one was left in the ground and then went on the pitch and had a kick around in the goal, even wheeling on a stretcher when one of my mates injured himself. Not a soul in sight, no OB, stewards officials, nothing.
    They would also insist on getting up there really early to get players autographs before the game. Still got old progs with Osgood Hollins Hudson etc on the back.
  • Away to Peterbro, years ago me and my son were first on the terrace.
  • During the Selhurst days myself and my mate used to get a lift from his dad. Cant remember who it was against but one week we had to get the bus over. We left at stupid o'clock and we were sitting on the Homesdale Terrace at just before 1pm. I'm 99% certain we were the only fans in the ground! Strange experience.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]I'm 99% certain we were the only fans in the ground! Strange experience.[/quote]

There weren't that many more at 3pm !!
  • White Hart Lane in our first Prem season, Dad got invited to a box there but I was too young to be allowed in. So had to hang around until the turnstiles opened and was first in there
  • My dad and i were the last people out of the valley in a game around Christmas about 6 seasons ago... Think against everton. Players had come out for their warm down and my dad was shouting very odd comments at them!! Very embarrassing at 15 years old!
  • when I was a teenager in the early 80's I was in the boys brigade and one week we had a spondered walk.......this co-incided with a home match so I asked the powers that be if I could do my sponsered walk from my home in bexley to the Valley (about 10 miles). They agreed & so I left home before midday and even though I spent some time dilly-dallying in Bexleyheath shops (before the centre was even built) I managed to get to the Valley before the turnstiles were open and had to sit ourside. I was the first one in at the Sam Bartram entrance and so had the vast East Terrace to choose from !
  • edited April 2010
    Don't know, but was last on here tonight until supaclive and Chicago just joined me!
  • Evening AT.
  • Insomnia AT, insomnia ....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2010
    Hi guys. Unemployment is another name for it! (in my case that is)
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]. Still got old progs with Osgood Hollins Hudson etc on the back.

MIGHT BE WORTH A FEW QUID ESPECIALLY osgood signature ones
  • edited April 2010
    Charlton v Southampton, first game in the prem, wasnt the first in the ground, but couldnt have been more than 10-15 people there.

Got to the ground hours early with my then Arsenal supporting mate Rob, few years later he had his own season ticket!

Power of the Addicks eh!
  • Southampton ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Charlton v Southampton, first game in the prem, wasnt the first in the ground, but couldnt have been more than 10-15 people there.

Got to the ground hours early with my then Arsenal supporting mate Rob, few years later he had his own season ticket!

Power of the Addicks eh!

My Villa supporting mate Jeff has been coming to a few games this year and is already asking about season ticket for next year!
    Power of the Addicks!