Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Question For The Colin Camerons Amongst Us

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Had Akpo's disallowed goal counted would it have been the first time brothers scored for Charlton in the same first team competitive match?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Darren Bent and Marcus Bent scored against Man City in early 2006.

Seriously I have no idea, sure someone here will have the answer. Good question though
  • I thought that Marcus and Darren Bent weren't brothers?
  • They are not, it was a very poor joke
  • Inclined to say it would have been the first time, Len, can't think of it ever happening in my time. Can think of one or two who haven't scored in the same match though!
  • the oaks brothers 1930's
  • Me and my Dad both scored in LAC Rover's 2-0 win against Charlton Supporters FC back in 1975, Woolwich & District League.

The Kentish Independent report had the headline, "Family double".

*Sorry, meandered off topic, as usual ..... ;;o).
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]the oaks brothers 1930's[/quote]

The third goal that day was scored by somebody called A.Corn.
  • Jimmy Oakes played 234 games for Charlton, but didn't score once.
  • Why was it disallowed? Was it for an Offside when Bailey headed it to Richardson?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Jimmy Oakes played 234 games for Charlton, but didn't score once.
    John Oakes played 145 times and he never scored once either...
  • Sponsored links:

• Point of order - there's only one Colin Cameron . . .
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Point of order - there's only one Colin Cameron . . .

Point taken! :-)
  • ColinCameron_564655.jpg
    No there ain't..
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Jimmy Oakes played 234 games for Charlton, but didn't score once.

No, he scored 3 times. I think all from the penalty spot.
  • No Len, never happened before. Would have (would of) been the first time.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Jimmy Oakes played 234 games for Charlton, but didn't score once.

No, he scored 3 times. I think all from the penalty spot.
    That's what I said, he never scored once...
  • Don't think the Oakes' were brothers anyway. I thought the Firmani brothers might have done it, but I had a look and their CAFC careers didn't overlap at first team level.
  • How many sets of brothers have played for Charlton....?
  • Sodje
    Kimble
    Firmani
    Oakes (if they were brothers)....
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=30395&page=1#Item_37
  • I think two Campbells appeared in the reserves - David Campbell and another Campbell.

I am sure two other brothers played for the reserves in the late 60's but I am struggling

Did Ralph Miller have a brother?
  • [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]I think two Campbells appeared in the reserves - David Campbell and another Campbell.

I am sure two other brothers played for the reserves in the late 60's but I am struggling

Did Ralph Miller have a brother?

David Campbell the first's brother, Neil, played a few games for the colts as they were back in the old days he might have made the reserves too I'm not sure.

There was a Roy Miller around when Ralph was but I'm not sure whether or not they were brothers.
  • Peter and Ted Croker
  • as per the above link

8 sets of brothers

Sodje's
    Kimbles,
    Crokers,
    Mitchells,
    Firmanis
    Lumley's
    Tadman's
    Salako's .
  • Dont forget Darren and Marcus Bent.

And the Jones brothers from the Wembley playoff and 1st Prem seasons.
  • Charlton brothers you have forgoten Bobby and Jackie both played for Charlton,or was it against us.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Why was it disallowed? Was it for an Offside when Bailey headed it to Richardson?

I think it was given against Richardson, he ran off the pitch in the build up and then ran back on to steal it off of the defender