Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Royal Oak Public House

Just a little message to wish all our customers a very Happy Easter and that we are looking forward to seeing you all here on Monday for our next home game. We have stocked even more Ale for you all this week and will be serving London pride and Hobgoblin which seems to be a favourite. Also a thank you to you all for your continued surpport on match days and hopefully we will even get a bit of sunshine as well as win the game. See you all monday, Danielle and Steve.

Comments

• What prices do you charge?
  • If your asking about the Ales we charge £3.10 a pint. Hope you join us tomorrow, Danielle and steve.
  • unless its a football day when strange the prices seem to rise ?
  • We had a price increase of 10p along with the rest of the Enterprize Inns pub group about 3 weeks ago .The brewery put up their prices up by a huge amount, which you have probaly seen all over the news of late. The prices do not change they are the same every week so not sure what you mean by strange prices always changing? Sorry our prices are dictated by the brewery which is beyond our control. Danielle and Steve.
  • so the prices on a football day DO NOT GO UP. Is that correct.
  • Yes the prices did go up as i have already explained, but they have been the same every game for over a month now. What did you have that you felt was over or priced wrong? I work on every match day and if you ever have a problem with your drinks or change you must let me know there and then so i can check it out. We are so busy on match days that im sure some mistakes may be made by staff at times but once flagged it will always be corrected. Thank you Hope you join us tomorrow. Danielle and Steve.
  • edited April 2010
    What about some discount for customers displaying the official Charlton Life badge...?
  • Can you put on cheese and onion rolls on match days please?
  • [cite]Posted By: Royal Oak Pub[/cite]Yes the prices did go up as i have already explained, but they have been the same every game for over a month now. What did you have that you felt was over or priced wrong? I work on every match day and if you ever have a problem with your drinks or change you must let me know there and then so i can check it out. We are so busy on match days that im sure some mistakes may be made by staff at times but once flagged it will always be corrected. Thank you Hope you join us tomorrow. Danielle and Steve.

I think the issue was the difference in prices for drinks monday-friday, compared to a saturday when CAFC are playing.
  • Nice try, if you dont ask you dont get as they say, but sorry no discounts im afraid, have to treat you all the same. Hope you join us tomorrow, Danielle and Steve.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Royal Oak Pub[/cite]Yes the prices did go up as i have already explained, but they have been the same every game for over a month now. What did you have that you felt was over or priced wrong? I work on every match day and if you ever have a problem with your drinks or change you must let me know there and then so i can check it out. We are so busy on match days that im sure some mistakes may be made by staff at times but once flagged it will always be corrected. Thank you Hope you join us tomorrow. Danielle and Steve.

I think the issue was the difference in prices for drinks monday-friday, compared to a saturday when CAFC are playing.
    It's called making a killing...

Nothing wrong in that as long as the rise ain't too steep...
  • also can we have a mirror in the gents please
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Royal Oak Pub[/cite]Yes the prices did go up as i have already explained, but they have been the same every game for over a month now. What did you have that you felt was over or priced wrong? I work on every match day and if you ever have a problem with your drinks or change you must let me know there and then so i can check it out. We are so busy on match days that im sure some mistakes may be made by staff at times but once flagged it will always be corrected. Thank you Hope you join us tomorrow. Danielle and Steve.

It's called making a killing...

Nothing wrong in that as long as the rise ain't too steep...

I wasnt actually complaining myself, on the rare occassion I make a home game we drink in the lib, just seemed some confusion about GH's complaint, I don't think he meant a once off rise in price.
  • I have no complaints about the oak. Yes it's always heaving and it takes a while to get a drink but what do you expect it's a small pub with a load of charlton fans trying to get a few pints down them before the match, deal with it or don't go. I think the staff do pretty well. And as for the prices it would be idiotic not to expect a small rise on matchdays. At the end of the day it is a business. I'm not going to jump up and down over 40/50p while I'm having a beer with my mates. Wouldn't mind a few songs though, that's what it's missing.
  • To answer your question about food on match days, on thurday we are having all the decking, BBQ area ect jet washed and cleaned to get us ready to start doing our BBQs again on all match days which seemed to go down well last summer. We will also do weekend BBqs through out the summer for all you guys that visit us on weeks when Charlton are not at home or playing. We have a lovely garden that up untill now has not been made a vital part of the pub for some years and we intend to bring it back to life to encourage familys an children to visit as well. So Oak Burgers by your next home game. Danielle and Steve.
  • Yes, we will get you gents a mirror if that is what you need. Danielle and Steve.
  • [cite]Posted By: Royal Oak Pub[/cite]Yes, we will get you gents a mirror if that is what you need. Danielle and Steve.
    Some tweezers too...
  • [cite]Posted By: Royal Oak Pub[/cite]Yes, we will get you gents a mirror if that is what you need. Danielle and Steve.

Thankyou Danielle and Steve,i like to look my best.
  • your welcome, we want you to look your best as well. Danielle and Steve.
  • [cite]Posted By: Royal Oak Pub[/cite]your welcome, we want you to look your best as well. Danielle and Steve.

Thanks guys
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]also can we have a mirror in the gents please
    And threads about getting dressed for football.
    Tart
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]also can we have a mirror in the gents please[/quote]
    Tart[/quote]

Us old mods 'always' make the effort.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]also can we have a mirror in the gents please
    Tart
    lol
  • Was the mirror fixed? I assume it was as I'm seeing double.

Can I just take this opportunity to tell you all about a car boot sale I'm doing in the morning....
  • Give it a rest ffs.