Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

re mortgages

We have a cracking rate with the woolwich, I don't want to change that rate,if i need to borrow some more,can i take out additional borrowing with a different lender taking a second charge or will i have to take out the additional borrowing with the woolwich as well ?

Comments

• Options
    send stanmore or golfie a whisper, they'll know
  • Options
    its your lucky day - I've just loged on !

Firstly, it all depends on what type of mortgage you have wth the woolwich. If it has an offset optio it may well alsohave a "reserve" option, which basically works like an overdraft. When you first got your mortgage they would have given you a maximum fugure tha you could borrow - if your mortgage has reduced from his hen you can always borrow bcak up o that limit again,

ie.........you originally borrowed £200k and had a reserve figure of £225k.........you now owe £175k & so can borrow a further £50k.

However,,,,,,,,,,

if you don't have a reserve then you could apply for a further advance , but this is likely to be a different rate than you currently have, although likely to be around 2.5%- 4% so not that bad.

A second charge by another lender is nowdays not that common and frankly not really a option.

It really depends on when you bought the property and how much you originally borrowed.
  • Options
    Looking to lump it all on CAFC to go up automatically Steve?