Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wearing shorts in this weather

edited April 2010 in Not Sports Related
seen a few tobys doing so today...discuss

Comments

• Options
    If it's warm enough why not.
  • Options
    I reckon they should be rounded up and shot.
  • Options
    its cold stu.
  • Options
    They say hooligans are the English diesease.....wrong! Shorts on, tops off as soon as the temp goes above 15 degrees is the true ailment. Drives me up the wall. Sitting on the bus in the mental hailstorm yesterday and there was a bloke sitting opposite in shorts and t-shirt. Why? It was bloody freezing yesterday.
  • Options
    its so silly this is england not Italy or somewere nice its not the place for shorts. If your abroad fair enough but in England its just weird.
  • Options
    Agreed, unless you are playing sport no need for shorts in this weather, it is on par with those suffering a mid life crisis driving round in their convertibles with the roof down, the heating turned up and wearing a scarf
  • Options
    The word --hooligan come from the sarf London acent ofthe name Hoolihan. They were an Irish family from Lambeth who were the family from hell in the 1880z. So anyone being a tad loud/yobish etc was called a "hooihan" but with the acent became "hooligan". So actually the original hooligans were London/Irish (no offence KB/KBLS/Curb-it).
    Mind you makes a change usually us English invent something and then become shit at it (Tennis/football,cricket etc etc) at least with hooliganism we took something someone else invented and became world class at it ---------------- walks into sunset singing "there always be an England----"
  • Options
    Heard that as well somewhere Goonerhater, believe it was one particular oirish fella called 'Patrick' (unsurprisingly) Hoolihan where the name came from.

As for Sarf London and accents, Hoolihan = Hooligan.....Haddock=Addick.....what next.

Oh and as for the OP on this thread, when you say 'Toby', are you saying that as in 'The Business' (I think?), ie Toby (jug) = mug? Just that I have son called Toby, which when named seemed fairly inoffensive, however since the release of british mob/gang films and then moving to norfolk where a toby is a toerag, the name toby doesnt seem as 'cute' anymore :(

Oh and as for the pasty feckwits who rip their shirts off and display their puny bodies, worse than Hitler to be fair! ;)
  • Options
    lol gh only you could turn into the irish question. good man
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]lol gh only you could turn into the irish question. good man

LOL thats what i thought too. Well good on him i have herd it lots of time before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i reckon he is one away from a ban! Made me chuckle on holy friday. Right now wheres my fish for dinner.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    Nearly as bad as socks and sandals...