Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RAIL STRIKE OFF

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
hoorah !!

Comments

• thank f for that. couldnt handle busin it to North Greenwich.
  • good news.
  • BOOOOOOOOOO
  • Hope Bob Crow chokes on his caviar tonight.

One of the UK's greatest hypocrites.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]BOOOOOOOOOO

Bad news for you matey..anyway see you on Saturday.
  • So, a nice fair ballot, it would seem:

The company alleged that the RMT balloted 11 signal boxes that do not exist, and that in 67 locations the numbers of union members balloted exceeded the total number of employees working.

It also claimed that 26 workplaces were missed out, giving RMT members at these locations no opportunity to vote.
  • [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]So, a nice fair ballot, it would seem:

The company alleged that the RMT balloted 11 signal boxes that do not exist, and that in 67 locations the numbers of union members balloted exceeded the total number of employees working.

It also claimed that 26 workplaces were missed out, giving RMT members at these locations no opportunity to vote.

The count was organised by Bob Crowe, a millwall fan.

We all know that

1. Counting is difficult for them

2. They are good a making figures up about how many they take away etc so a few extra signal boxes are nothing.
  • when it comes to the election they advise you to vote early, and vote often !!!!
  • It would have been nice if the strike had been called off because the Union and the rail companies were actually talking to each other to find a resolution to the dispute. This will just delay the industrial action and see a continuation of campaigns conducted in the media by both sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• this will not end now,just over 50% of signal workers voted for industrial action ,please remember that while network rail were sittind around the table ,on the sly they were planning this actiion at the high court,yes rmt have made mistakes ,but i think this will add firther fuel to the signal workers and with another ballot likely ,i would guess know it would be well over 85% to vote for a strike.also the tabloid press keep saying can the workers afford the time off,well these strikes are planned for the workers who have at least 2 freedays during this action
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]It would have been nice if the strike had been called off because the Union and the rail companies were actually talking to each other to find a resolution to the dispute. This will just delay the industrial action and see a continuation of campaigns conducted in the media by both sides.

exactly, next time the union will get the ballot right and it will happen....this is only a delay (much like the rest of the rail network)
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]this will not end now,just over 50% of signal workers voted for industrial action ,please remember that while network rail were sittind around the table ,on the sly they were planning this actiion at the high court,yes rmt have made mistakes ,but i think this will add firther fuel to the signal workers and with another ballot likely ,i would guess know it would be well over 85% to vote for a strike.also the tabloid press keep saying can the workers afford the time off,well these strikes are planned for the workers who have at least 2 freedays during this action

I think you are correct. Getting a strike called off on a technicality just makes the membership more determined.
    Would have been a good idea to try and resolve the dispute, around the table, rather than wind the unions up more than they already have.
    Looks like both sides are becoming more entrenched and I'll be have time off work.
  • That's a shame, I was looking forward to a few days off.......with pay!!
  • Thank god for that, but it is coming again though isn't it?
    This is just a postponement like the BA strikes at Christmas.
    Month or two and us poor commuters will be hit again

joy of joys
  • Bob Crow needs doing over.

Anyone know just what it is they're moaning about this time?
  • What's this about "called off on a technicality......"?

The ballot included votes recorded at 11 non-existent signal boxes, 23 active workplaces were omitted from the ballot, 12 were included despite having no union members, and at 67 workplaces there were more votes than there were voters.

This is a lot more than a technicality........it's about as reliable as an election in Iran or Zimbabwe.
  • If I dont go into work, I dont get paid.
    So if I get four days off I'm coming for you, Crow.
  • What happens if instead of striking all the workers phoned in sick on the same day?
  • [cite]Posted By: Sevensix[/cite]What's this about "called off on a technicality......"?

The ballot included votes recorded at 11 non-existent signal boxes, 23 active workplaces were omitted from the ballot, 12 were included despite having no union members, and at 67 workplaces there were more votes than there were voters.

This is a lot more than a technicality........it's about as reliable as an election in Iran or Zimbabwe.

So how many people were correctly balloted and would it have made a difference to the result? I know if its wrong its wrong and may be stretching it by calling it a technicality but really don't think using the courts is a way forward.
    When my old union (AEEU) balloted the membership it was done through the Electoral Reform Society, everything clear and above board. I would have thought the RMT would have used an independant body to organize a ballot, I actually thought it was the law to do so, and therefore not hte RMT's fualt. Proberly wrong about that but hey ho, there will now be another vote and another 28 days notice to take industrial action. Followed by the usal sabre rattling from both sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bob Crow lives in Woodford, someone needs to find his address -- i know a well know ICF face who lives there im sure he would love to chat with Bobby re Millwall.
  • personally crow comes across as someone who would oblige if anyone knocked on hes door
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Bob Crow lives in Woodford, someone needs to find his address -- i know a well know ICF face who lives there im sure he would love to chat with Bobby re Millwall.

My mum and dad live that way... he lives in a very pricey road let's put it that way, not that that would surprise anyone
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]personally crow comes across as someone who would oblige if anyone knocked on hes door

All hot air, pish and wind I reckon. Coupla digs to the gut and he'd go down like a Thai ladyboy.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]personally crow comes across as someone who would oblige if anyone knocked on hes door

All hot air, pish and wind I reckon. Coupla digs to the gut and he'd go down like a Thai ladyboy.

Yeah but you get more than one crow and it will be a murder.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]So, a nice fair ballot, it would seem:

The count was organised by Bob Crowe, a millwall fan.

We all know that

1. Counting is difficult for them

2. They are good a making figures up about how many they take away etc so a few extra signal boxes are nothing.
    You make him sound like a Fans Football Director.....