Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What would you do....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Queue up behind a pensioner at the supermarket, and pay their bill for 'em.

Yeah but don't you buy the cigs and lottery cards from a different counter? (ducks for cover).
  • Options
    Charity.of some sort.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    if you hand it in you dont deserve to find it. Keep it mate 9 people out of ten would do the same.
  • Options
    You know over the years I've found money in the street quite a few times, of varying amounts I may add.
    What makes this all the more surprising is that I'm a big time driver and don't spend that much time walking around the streets.....Yeah quite surprising really.
  • Options
    Cheers mate, I wondered where that score went.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]if you hand it in you dont deserve to find it. Keep it mate 9 people out of ten would do the same.

Walking down St Martins Lane last year. I saw a guy drop a five pound note, he wasnt aware he lost it until I handed it back.
    What you never had you wont miss. Guess that makes the 1 in 10.
    I'm of the opinion finding money and keeping it is stealing, I cant keep what isnt mine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Queue up behind a pensioner at the supermarket, and pay their bill for 'em.

Not a bad idea that. What I'd say is buy someone's shopping for them (at a newsagents or something like that - not a big shop). When they thank you, just tell them to do the same for another stranger whenever they get the chance.

Random acts of kindness.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]if you hand it in you dont deserve to find it. Keep it mate 9 people out of ten would do the same.

Walking down St Martins Lane last year. I saw a guy drop a five pound note, he wasnt aware he lost it until I handed it back.
    I'm of the opinion finding money and keeping it is stealing, I cant keep what isnt mine.
    really? Walking thru cannon st station few mondays back an on the floor was a very tightly rolled twenty. I put my foot on it an scooped it up in delight. Figured the person that dropped it prob could afford to. An i certainly wasnt going to hand it to a guard. if i had seen the person drop it i would have called out to them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]

really? Walking thru cannon st station few mondays back an on the floor was a very tightly rolled twenty. I put my foot on it an scooped it up in delight. Figured the person that dropped it prob could afford to. An i certainly wasnt going to hand it to a guard. if i had seen the person drop it i would have called out to them.

There's a big difference between seeing someone drop the money and finding money that is just lying there with no obvious owner. IMHO if you see the person drop the money and take it with no attempt to give it back then that is stealing. If you find a 20 like Curb-It did then it's fair game.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Ask who's lost some money when they own up ask them for some of the gear![/quote]

buy some gear with it, then when you go to the toilets to do some you will also lose £20 of your own, then so will the next person and so on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put a notice on the wall saying you found a score and to ring your phone if they want it back, then count how many ring you up looking for it, you'll then realise you're just one of a long line of thieves and you won't feel so bad about it...
  • Options
    I take Curb_it's stance on this if i saw somone drop money i would call out to them. If i just found some money i would not hand it in as whoever you hand it in to would only pocket it themselves.
  • Options
    I think Van and Curb have it right, if there is a way of identifying the person you should return it, otherwise keep it. Question is how much money would it take to corrupt those ideals? If you found a bag full of a businesses takings for the day, you knew the business and new that the owners were struggling. How much would there need to be for you not to hand it in? I am quite morale on these things but it probably wouldn't take much.