Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bizzare question of the week: weekends count as sick days

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
er why if you don't work weekends?

Comments

• Options
    FAO Mr N.Prior
  • Options
    If you work Mon-fri in a normal 9-5 job and was off sick from thurs,fri and monday and come back to work tuesday it is usually recorded as 3 days absence but 5 days period of sickness.
  • Options
    ok but why?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]ok but why?

You need a sick note after 5 days off, it would be stupuid if you could take off thurs,fri,min,tues and not need to present a doctors note, as you're clearly claiming to have been ill for 6 days, not 4.
  • Options
    so what if you felt ok on either of the days, then they are forcing you to lie? and say you were out somewhere and were seen?

:D
  • Options
    So you was ill, ok, then ill again.

I'd suggest stop pulling sickies, as I imagine that is what's causing this end of the week ill feeling ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ha ha if only, quite rare for me and have never had one over the weekend before, seemed better in mornings on Sat and Sun only to worsen, as they day went on - temperature was through the roof Sunday night
  • Options
    my lot here are saying Saturday counts as working day even though I don't normally work Saturday. Doesn't sound right
  • Options
    You get paid for weekends, so it makes sense (if you leave a job always leave on a Monday). I'd suggest telling them you were ill Friday, recovered Saturday, but fell ill again on Monday Tuesday, would raise a few eyebrows.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ha ha I nearly did, wouldn't be quite true but hey ho.. some sort of con involved or money grab from government or something (I wouldn't mind betting they can't claim the Sunday as a working day as well as Saturday cos that would be too many hours) anyway next time I will go Doctors and get a sick note no matter how long its for
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless it's a normal working day it shouldn't count towards your sick absence, they should only be considering the number of days you've been absent from work. You need to produce a medical certificate for absences of 7 days and over, weekends would be included in that.