Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shutter island and Shank

had 2 choices tonight for a night at the cinema

Shutter Island

is complete shite waste of time and money never have i watched a film that failed to live up to its billing as a thriller in my whole life.

save your money

Shank

a brit flick about the gang culture in london set in 2015

i said the mrs nla that i dont want to see this because the screen will be full of wannabe gangsters as the trailer credits say kill or be killed so well obvious on the theme of the film.

get to the cinema and there are 2 vans of her majestys finest and Shank cancelled due to gangs from Tottenham, Edmonton, Wood Green and Waltham Forest all scrapping the cinema ob reckond about 250 having a mini riot in the screen what idiot brings out a film that glorifies young london kids killing eachother.

complete foolishness on behalf of the makers and irresponsible for cinemas to show it, kids crying coming out of there normal folfk being intimidated by huge numbers of young rude angry pricks trying to be a bad man.

shambolic night well atleast we didnt lose

Comments

• Options
    Couldnt disagree anymore, I've seen kidulthood, adulthood, shank, kids and tons of other films, I've not gone and joined a gang or stabbed anyone.

It's a bloody good film and should not be blamed for a bunch of absolute morons who don't know how to act like a normal part of society. You think those very same people would not have been up to almost the exact same thing somewhere else if it wasnt for the cinema.
  • Options
    you could say the same about football factory or snatch i guess
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]you could say the same about football factory or snatch i guess

And every action/gangster flick ever made.

A few rom coms too.

Films don't cause this crap, stupidity does.
  • Options
    I really liked Shutter Island. Wasn't expecting the twist, really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Haven't seen either film. Read the book Shutter Island and have to say i didn't like the twist. Just didn't seem that original.

As for British gangsta films I think they reflect the sad state of British cinema. Some of them are very good films but the problem for me is along with period costume dramas it seems they are the only kind of British films which get made.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Couldnt disagree anymore, I've seen kidulthood, adulthood, shank, kids and tons of other films, I've not gone and joined a gang or stabbed anyone.

It's a bloody good film and should not be blamed for a bunch of absolute morons who don't know how to act like a normal part of society. You think those very same people would not have been up to almost the exact same thing somewhere else if it wasnt for the cinema.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]you could say the same about football factory or snatch i guess
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nolly[/cite]you could say the same about football factory or snatch i guess

And every action/gangster flick ever made.

A few rom coms too.

Films don't cause this crap, stupidity does.

all true just wish it had gone straight to dvd as it ruined normal folks who wanted a night out.

did they honestly think that gangs wouldnt turn up to watch it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]all true just wish it had gone straight to dvd as it ruined normal folks who wanted a night out.

The film makers arnt to blame though, when a bunch of teeth kissin rude boys all go out to pizza hut and it all kicks off there, is it pizza huts fault, or theirs? Same thing in my opinion, I happen to love films like that and don't see why they should stop being made, just because a not so small minority of people don't know how to behave like normal human beings.

u get me blud?
  • Options
    Have to agree on Stu, the same argument goes for when people acuse music or video games for inciting violence, they don't force people to go out and act violent it is the idiots themselves who do that.

On Shutter Island, thought it was well made but the story wasn't original and as for the "twist" if you couldn't see what was going to happen within the first 20 minutes then you should probably watch more films.
  • Options
    me get ya blud

shame the crying little uns from the 3d dragon preview film dont though,

gone past there today sign up film screening canx until further notice
  • Options
    Never seen or heard of Shank, but loved Shutter Island
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    similar thing happened at an elephant & castle cinema in 1956 when teds rioted while watching blackboard jungle. there were subsequent riots round the country wherever the film was showing.

don't think you'd see that kind of behaviour at the greenwich picturehouse though.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    On Shutter Island, thought it was well made but the story wasn't original and as for the "twist" if you couldn't see what was going to happen within the first 20 minutes then you should probably watch more films.

Yes, I saw it coming a mile away. Not a bad movie, but the best film of the year so far for me is Alice in Wonderland.

Lovely Bones is awful.
  • Options
    Oh dear God, I know there haven't been many released this year but surely you must have seen better than Alice in Wonderland?? I thought it was a big disappointment