Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ethiopia

I saw on the news last night that the Ethiopian government has sent "a heavilly armed force" into Somalia as a cosequence of all the aggro going on there (which sounds like a right mess).

Isn't it nice to know that whilst their population was/is being kept alive and the infrasturcture of the country is being improved by the millions of pounds of humanitarian aid and donations from around the world, the Ethiopian government has clearly been spending a fair bit of it's own wedge on tanks and guns - and probably with money that was borrowed and the debts now wiped out!

The world is truly a shithouse! (Still, I suppose it all at least made us feel like we were "doing good" by donating to Live Aid. Don't think I'll bother in future though!)

Comments

• Options
    i think you were gonna ask for hotel recommendations !
  • Options
    I thought this was going to be a request for stag do info on the place
  • Options
    Serious non-Charlton comment dead on this board then is it?
  • Options
    Off it's...off it!
  • Options
    The US sponsored the Etheopian military a few years back when the war lords ruled somalia and it was felt that a 'power' was needed in the area...Sound familiar to Iraq, Afganistan, etc...?! I don't think the US will ever learn! Given how Islam is the new Communism in the White house ia it any surprise?!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Religion and politics...... avoid at all christenings, funerals, message boards, and job interviews.....