Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unfortunate name for author of the article

Comments

• Options
    no way
  • Options
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    Would this thread be allowed if it referred to a religion other than Christianity I wonder?
  • Options
    ha, is it a joke though?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Would this thread be allowed if it referred to a religion other than Christianity I wonder?

Chill out. Im catholic and not offended.

I doubt any muslims, jews or jedis that read this site would be offended either if it was their particular doctrine. Its the name that is the joke not the subject matter.

Jesus wept (no apology if this also offends)
  • Options
    brilliant, that journalists name has got to be a joke
  • Options
    No joke, that his name. http://www.rogerboyes.com/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Would this thread be allowed if it referred to a religion other than Christianity I wonder?

Chill out. Im catholic and not offended.

I doubt any muslims, jews or jedis that read this site would be offended either if it was their particular doctrine. Its the name that is the joke not the subject matter.

Jesus wept (no apology if this also offends)

I'm Catholic too and not offended either. Please don't sink on my account.

I make the point simply because a largely courteous political thread was sunk earlier.

I believe in Freedom of Speech which inevitably cuts both ways depending on what you believe. There are some however who will advocate Freedom of Speech only when their own views are being advocated.
  • Options
    Can't believe they included his name on the article. It's so bloody obvious. I've seen the same link on a few things now, and on all of them there are people laughing about it. Takes away from the story, which is truly tragic (religion or no religion). Absolute idiocy from the Times. My sister works for them, but not on the website. Knowing her, she probably looked at it this morning and just shook her head
  • Options
    Surely if that was your name you'd refuse to work on stories to do with child abuse or use a pseudonym?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im sorry but i cant stop laughing.

and not that the story is funny in any way as its terrible but sorry...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]brilliant, that journalists name has got to be a joke

I can't imagine for a second the times would make a joke about something so serious.

It's clearly just a hillarious coincidence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]im sorry but i cant stop laughing.

and not that the story is funny in any way as its terrible but sorry...

Yeah, it was the same for me. That's why it's such a big mistake by the Times and the jornalist to include his name