Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC 111

So Britains first UFC title shot this weekend comes in the matchup between Dan Hardy vs Georges St Pierre, for the UFC Welterweight belt. Anyone reckon Hardy's going to pull off an upset and bring the title back to britain. After watching UFC Versus on Sunday im looking forward to this event even more.

GSP vs Dan Hardy
Frank Mir vs Shane Carwin
Ben Saunders vs Jake Ellenberger
Thiago Alves vs Jon Fitch
Jim Miller vs Mark Bocek

Some good fights on this card, any predictions?

Comments

• GSP is beast so can't see Dan doing it unfortunately. Carwin to beat Mir as he's just bigger and I think will go in with similar tactics to Lesnar in his and Mir's second fight, and Fitch to take Alves.

I'm a UFC fan but literally know nothing about the other fights! Should be a good one!
  • I wont underestimate Dan but GSP should destroy him
  • Can't see GSP losing, just 2 defeats in 8 years in the UFC and he then went on to avenge both of those defeats in re-matches.
  • GSP is an absolute animal,he has basically cleared up the welterweight division.I hope he moves up to middleweight soon. Would be a more existing division without him. Hardy is a massive underdog for this fight but he was against Swick and Marcus Davis and managed to pull off the win. If he does win the title it could be the little spark needed to bring the sport into the mainstream in the Uk.

I cant see Carwin wanting to take down Mir tbh, he will want no part with Mir's jujitsu.I see this one being a striking battle and Carwin has some serious power in his hands.
  • carwin needs to get in proper shape,great puncher
  • It's not real.

;-)
  • Is this the thread that I write that it's Wrestlemania 26 on Sunday, John Cena v Batista for the WWE title :-)
  • edited March 2010
    I know nothing about UFC, but my mate trains with some guy called John Hathaway, who's supposed to be a really good Welterweight (12 wins in 12, the last three for UFC). He's fighting someone called Diego Sanchez at UFC 115.

More importantly: Who's going to WWE at the O2 next month? I am (fourth row from the ring) but only on the Smackdown/NXT night. Raw is too effing boring to bother with these days.
  • Not going to WWE this year, the TV shows are dire. Shame really as I would have liked to see the hitman.

[quote][cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Is this the thread that I write that it's Wrestlemania 26 on Sunday, John Cena v Batista for the WWE title :-)[/quote]
    That match is going to suck as the American's would say. Amazing card this year, HBK V The Undertaker will be something else and Jericho V Edge will be the match of the night.

Bit worried about Bret V Vince though, Bret shouldn't be in a ring.

I've got some PWT invites if anyone wants one.
  • Quality card! Its ashamed cos I respect both GSP and Hardy. Obviously I want Dan to win but wouldn't hold anything against GSP if he wins. Would love to be able to see Hardy pull it off, As he said in his interviews it only takes a clean punch on the chin and GSP could be in trouble but I cant see that happening. GSP will go for the takedown early and keep the fight on the ground. Hardy says GSP is only human he's right but after seeing his fights against Penn, Alves, Fitch and the Serra rematch makes you wonder if he is human or not haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Mir looked good in his last fight against Congo, but I cant stand him so I hope Carwin does a number on him. Mir's BJJ will be the difference and if he is smart he will take it down to the ground and submit him.

GSP will win this by the simple fact his wrestling will be just to good, I expect he will do his usual smother (or lay and pray if you prefer) and win on points.

I am off to 112 next month for the Abu Dhabi event - 2 World titles up for grabs on that so it should be a great night.
  • Can't quote but I too think Bret shouldn't be involved, it'll end with Vinnie Mac in the Sharpshooter though as they love the good guy having a happy ending! The ladder match should be ok too, Christian to win but it'll be McIntyre so they can continue the chosen one storyline.

I hope Cena doesn't win, he a rubbish champion with 2 moves & 1 of them is based on a catchphase!

I'm going to both nights at the O2 next month, can't wait!
  • This is a UFC thread, if you want to talk about WWE please do so in the playground after school.
  • Its not been the same since the Ultimate Warrior retired.
  • Is Lesnar anywhere near his UFC comeback, last i heard he had some pretty serious intestine infection or something and needed an op?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Is Lesnar anywhere near his UFC comeback, last i heard he had some pretty serious intestine infection or something and needed an op?
    He was in WWE wasnt he? :-)
  • edited March 2010
    Lesnar is a WWE reject :-p

Damn, WSS beat me to it!!
  • Who does Paul Bearer manage now?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Is Lesnar anywhere near his UFC comeback, last i heard he had some pretty serious intestine infection or something and needed an op?

Fighting in this summer I think vs the winner of Mir/ Carwin.

[cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]Mir looked good in his last fight against Congo, but I cant stand him so I hope Carwin does a number on him. Mir's BJJ will be the difference and if he is smart he will take it down to the ground and submit him.

GSP will win this by the simple fact his wrestling will be just to good, I expect he will do his usual smother (or lay and pray if you prefer) and win on points.

I am off to 112 next month for the Abu Dhabi event - 2 World titles up for grabs on that so it should be a great night.

112 looks a great card. Terry Etim is fighting on the main event my tip for future lw champion. Loads of English fighters on the pre lims aswell.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]Mir looked good in his last fight against Congo, but I cant stand him so I hope Carwin does a number on him. Mir's BJJ will be the difference and if he is smart he will take it down to the ground and submit him.

I am off to 112 next month for the Abu Dhabi event - 2 World titles up for grabs on that so it should be a great night.[/quote]

Lucky Sod, Have a good one, I only Seen 95 at the o2 so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ultimate warrior actually changed his real life name to warrior warrior to stop the WWE owning his trademark.

Lesnar was outstanding in WWE.

Paul Bearer works behind the scenes now.

Can't have a wrestlemania thread as people will go on about wrestling using the same arguements that they've been using for the last 30 years, e.g it's not real just like the hollywood blockbusters and jerry springer! zzzzz.....

Bret will win via a sharp shooter but won't take any serious bumps.

Cena is on the reasons why I won't be going to the O2!
  • Should be an awesome Sunday night with Wrestlemania first, then UFC after. Get the beers in!
  • What happened to Rowdy Roddy Piper?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]What happened to Rowdy Roddy Piper?[/quote]
    His bad knees mean he can't wrestle any more, although he did give it a good but brief go at last years wrestlemania where Jericho made him tap up.

Piper isn't Scottish, he's Canadian. FACT!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]What happened to Rowdy Roddy Piper?
    His bad knees mean he can't wrestle any more, although he did give it a good but brief go at last years wrestlemania where Jericho made him tap up.

Piper isn't Scottish, he's Canadian. FACT!

Last time I saw him he was being interviewed by Louis Theroux backstage at a WCW event.
  • Ric Flair or nothing.

WOOOOOO
  • Ric Flair is now in TNA hanging around AJ Styles - the script writers seem to be trying to have them in an evolution style clique.
  • Hardy (KO like when he lost to Serra - if it doesnt go to ground)
    Mir
    Saunders
    Alves
    Bocek
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]What happened to Rowdy Roddy Piper?[/quote]

Piper isn't Scottish, he's Canadian. FACT![/quote]

Last time I saw him he was being interviewed by Louis Theroux backstage at a WCW event.[/quote]That was recored in May 99 and the less said about Flair in TNA...