Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upper West Hospitality Seats

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
I sit in the Upper West just left of the hospitality seats. After each of the Gillingham goals two or three men stood up cheered and clapped. People around me complained to the male and female steward near us but were advised that they had been told not to interfere.

Other than a few shouts at these guys Charlton fans were very well behaved, but I felt that if we had conceded another goal there was a good chance some charlton would take matters in their own hands.

I can fully understand no action by the steward but why was he told not to do anything, and why were the club willing to risk their stewards health and for it to kick off when they could have prevented it.

Comments

• second box in the east stand near the north stand... Tut tut. When they shut the doors for their second goal to jump around an laugh at the lads in front. Ah well. More interesting to watch that then the game.
  • I would of found it difficult to hold back if I saw gill or any fans taking the piss like that.
  • Damned right floydandharvey-I pray for the day that we can all sit together like they do at the rugger and all sing jolly hockeysticks as one. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been going to football?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]Damned right floydandharvey-I pray for the day that we can all sit together like they do at the rugger and all sing jolly hockeysticks as one. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been going to football?[/quote]

Unfortunately those days are gone, I remember some great banter and chats with opposition fans in non segregated grounds, one particularly enjoyable evening was at the Bradford Rugby ground after the Bradford fire and they were sharing, we won 2-1 and was chatting through the evening with two old northern codgers who were telling me all about the history of the ground and various northern stuff, then there was the time at the valley when I was taking the piss out of a QPR fan about how fat Gerry Francis was.

However, those times are gone and I am surprised that no one tried to get at these guys, as I have seen in the past and if thye had the two stewards would have been obliged to get involved at the risk to their own personal safety.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]second box in the east stand near the north stand... Tut tut. When they shut the doors for their second goal to jump around an laugh at the lads in front. Ah well. More interesting to watch that then the game.

They kept going on about "we've got kids, we've got kids" - then proceeded to give it the big one. It was suggested that they stay inside the box and to be fair they did, though the big fat bloke was lucky not to have his head ripped off.
  • were you nar the charlton fan in the beige coat? it seemed to be back and forth most of the first half.

I rang the club re hospitality last week and every box is sold out for the season. Be fun if they sold them to leeds fans the last home game... ho dear.
  • It is a shame that football fans can't behave like rugby fans. What a nicer world we would have if everyone could get on and not abuse someone who happens to support another team.
  • Surprised people think that there is enough combined energy in the west stand to pose a threat to anyone ;0)
  • Was up at Newcastle a few years back and there was no real segregation. We were in our own block but had geordies sat in the next one just across the aisle. We also shared refreshment kiosks I think. Quite a nice change.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]were you nar the charlton fan in the beige coat? it seemed to be back and forth most of the first half.

I rang the club re hospitality last week and every box is sold out for the season. Be fun if they sold them to leeds fans the last home game... ho dear.

Yep - told him to calm down, no need to get so irate. Just thank the Gill for his money for the box.

Shame some of those feisty Charlton fans around there weren't there when it turned nasty against Millwall.

Shame some of those Charlton stewards around there weren't there when it turned nasty against Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are you on a wind up?
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Are you on a wind up?

Very much so, and F&H is fast approaching their sell by date
  • I have to say I have a lot of sympathy with F&H`s view although it might be a tad nieve. I too detest the knuckle dragging morons who can contribute nothing to the game other than vitriol towards supporters of other clubs and the mind numbingly moronic humourless chants that often go with it. Has it stopped me from attending matches in the past...not really although I know people who it has and one that regularly posts on CL won`t sit with Charlton fans at away matches in part because of some of the morons he would have to share a space with. Sadly the days of good humoured friendly banter between rival supporters are long past and those of us that do attend football matches must accept it.
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]The fact is these animals are letting off steam because they have problems at work and home - they likely can't satisfy their wives sexually and are overlooked for promotion becuase of their perceived (and quite obvious) attitude problems - and hurling abuse at away fans (and our own players) is really them hurling abuse at their wife/boss by proxy.

LMAO. What about the woman, are they hurling the abuse at husbands? What about husbands and wives who go together and shout a little abuse, how do you explain that one?!?!

This is too much.
  • To be honest I just don`t get why anyone feels the need to hurl abuse at all ?
  • The clock's ticking F&H. Keep this up - please.
  • Whilst it is a shame that segragation has to happen - there are far too many idiots around to risk getting rid of it. As a female fan, I feel safe knowing that away fans who might cause trouble (and Charlton fans who might want to fight them) are far away from me. Having said that, I sit in the hospitality are of the Upper West and on the odd occasion that there are opposition fans sitting there, there is rarely any trouble as they are well aware that they will be taken out by the stewardsif they do cause any annoyance.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]No problem with what they done. Problem is with the territorial c-words who can't handle it. Sooner we price out the yobs enough to scrap segregation as a whole - like civilised sports/countries have - the better.[/quote]

and what countries do you think have less crowd trouble than England?
  • FloydandHarvey is overegging it to get a reaction no doubt but there is a grain of sense in what he / she says.

Why should decent lawabiding people be penalised because of the moronic scum?

This question applies away from football too as the same principle applies. Firstly, in my view, because it enables the State to remove hard fought freedoms and exert more social control and secondly because of misguided human rights legislation. I never hear any pundits mention the human rights of hardworking lawabiding people!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]FloydandHarvey is overegging it to get a reaction no doubt but there is a grain of sense in what he / she says.

Why should decent lawabiding people be penalised because of the moronic scum?

This question applies away from football too as the same principle applies. Firstly, in my view, because it enables the State to remove hard fought freedoms and exert more social control and secondly because of misguided human rights legislation. I never hear any pundits mention the human rights of hardworking lawabiding people!

Well said
  • Sponsored links:

• was no different at ours.

same reaction from yours in one of our hospitality boxes when you scored ; same reaction from ours in wanting to remove yours' heads.

surprise surprise