Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

oi Parky

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Worst first half in years fella!

Comments

• !!!!! I've just spat my absinth out. a brave statement.
  • biting my tongue until full time.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]biting my tongue until full time.[/quote]

Ditto mate.
  • Can't think of any reason to hold my tongue. Promised a response after last week's debacle. This is it. This is what Parky is capable of. No one in this league is doing less with the talent they have.
  • [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Can't think of any reason to hold my tongue. Promised a response after last week's debacle. This is it. This is what Parky is capable of. No one in this league is doing less with the talent they have.
    We're third and have some talent but not as much as Norwich and arguably less than Leeds as well.

We're not going to automatic promotion when we're forced to play Mooney and Akpo up front. Shame Burton went off. I know Parky brought them both in but unfortunately we don't have money to bring in any good permanent strikers so have to find what we can.

Should be defending better but I don't think we have as brilliant a team as some suggest.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Should be defending better but I don't think we have as brilliant a team as some suggest.

But luckily, we do at least have a brilliant manager.
  • Totally agree Scoham!
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Can't think of any reason to hold my tongue. Promised a response after last week's debacle. This is it. This is what Parky is capable of. No one in this league is doing less with the talent they have.
    We're third and have some talent but not as much as Norwich and arguably less than Leeds as well.

We're not going to automatic promotion when we're forced to play Mooney and Akpo up front. Shame Burton went off. I know Parky brought them both in but unfortunately we don't have money to bring in any good permanent strikers so have to find what we can.

Should be defending better but I don't think we have as brilliant a team as some suggest.

I should not post when angry/infuriated and this matters far less to me than to supporters who have a far better claim to the club than I, but some points of clarification: first, regardless of the relative talent on this team versus others in the third division, Phil Parkinson is not making the most of what he has here and now. Second, while pointing to current position in the table is a fair response, the last two weeks have been extremely disconcerting. Third, we were not forced to play Mooney and Akpo up front. The club had other options which Parky discarded. Many here agree with that decision and slag those players (and, again, to be fair, their experience elsewhere tends to confirm that judgment).

We have the highest wages in the third division. Yet, those with the highest weekly take cannot be integrated into the club. We have the best young player in the third division. Yet, that player is not asked to be a regular contributor -- even when the season appears to be slipping away. We have several players who could comfortably play in the second division. Yet, the strength and superior skills of these players are not brought to fruition on a routine and regular basis.

These are simply my opinion and since I know little about the sport, they are probably both a waste of time and incorrect. But even in my ignorance, I think it is difficult to defend PP. After a horrific performance, the supporters were promised a response. They got mediocrity. When given to account for it, Parky told the supporters that what had been provided was good enough and should be satisfactory to the knowledgeable fan. It is not.
  • [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Can't think of any reason to hold my tongue. Promised a response after last week's debacle. This is it. This is what Parky is capable of. No one in this league is doing less with the talent they have.

I should not post when angry/infuriated and this matters far less to me than to supporters who have a far better claim to the club than I, but some points of clarification: first, regardless of the relative talent on this team versus others in the third division, Phil Parkinson is not making the most of what he has here and now. Second, while pointing to current position in the table is a fair response, the last two weeks have been extremely disconcerting. Third, we were not forced to play Mooney and Akpo up front. The club had other options which Parky discarded. Many here agree with that decision and slag those players (and, again, to be fair, their experience elsewhere tends to confirm that judgment).

We have the highest wages in the third division. Yet, those with the highest weekly take cannot be integrated into the club. We have the best young player in the third division. Yet, that player is not asked to be a regular contributor -- even when the season appears to be slipping away. We have several players who could comfortably play in the second division. Yet, the strength and superior skills of these players are not brought to fruition on a routine and regular basis.

These are simply my opinion and since I know little about the sport, they are probably both a waste of time and incorrect. But even in my ignorance, I think it is difficult to defend PP. After a horrific performance, the supporters were promised a response. They got mediocrity. When given to account for it, Parky told the supporters that what had been provided was good enough and should be satisfactory to the knowledgeable fan. It is not.

You talk sense.
  • I've said it before and I will say it again. What the hell do parky, braker kins and the others do at sparrows lane during the week? At kickoff they look like 11 strangers.. and for the love of god spend at least one day this week on bloddy deadballs ie CORNERS, FREEKICKS and THROWINS we are beyond inept at these. Take sam reid waggy and bailey if playing left and spend time teaching them how to cross!! We pay your wages so start bloody earning and deserving them.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]The club had other options which Parky discarded. Many here agree with that decision and slag those players (and, again, to be fair, their experience elsewhere tends to confirm that judgment).
    Discarded for a reason though, Fleetwood hasn't impressed at Exeter, McLeod didn't impress when he got a chance here, and Dickson hasn't impressed here, Bristol Rovers and was recently dropped to the bench by Gillingham.
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]We have the highest wages in the third division. Yet, those with the highest weekly take cannot be integrated into the club. We have the best young player in the third division. Yet, that player is not asked to be a regular contributor -- even when the season appears to be slipping away. We have several players who could comfortably play in the second division. Yet, the strength and superior skills of these players are not brought to fruition on a routine and regular basis.
    I agree about Shelvey, about time he was starting games.

Is there not a bit of a pattern here though, last 3 years the "superior skills" of our players is always brought up. Yet they've never consistenly impressed. Is it not possible that Sam, Racon, Semedo etc are not good Championship players? They'll compete in the Championship but they aren't so good that they'll dominate in this league every week.

I'm not saying Parky is getting the best out of them enough, but he's not doing a terrible job either as often suggested. While we should be playing better than we are, I just don't see this talent there that is supposed to be by far better than most clubs in the league. Better than most yes, but not by a huge distance.
  • I noticed that this week we'd decided to put someone on the back post when defending corners. It's a week too late for that for Parky.