Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roy Hodgson

2»

Comments

• Options
    How ridiculous to even consider him. The bloke is a joke.
  • Options
    manager of 2010
  • Options
    Would he bring konchesky back with him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Hodgson more than welcome to be our gaffer!

Agree, would take him like a shot.
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]How ridiculous to even consider him. The bloke is a joke.

MMMMMmmmmmmm. When I first came on this site I thought your alter ego was NigelW. How wrong I was.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Would he bring konchesky back with him?

Would not have thought Konchesky. would want him to
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]King kenny till end of season. Bloke is more out of touch with game now than keegan. Hope he screws them up even more. Cant stand liverpool

Just how out of touch of the game do you think he is? He was the one that recommended getting Wilson from Rangers, Shelvey from Charlton, he still does loads at the club. He is at every game of theirs, so if you think he hasn't watched a bit of football since he last managed then i think your very much mistaken.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ;-)
  • Options
    Classy guy to leave by mutal consent.
  • Options
    Hodgson wouldn't come to us unless we had a ton of ambition backed up by loads of cash. That said with his experience and knowledge he would be a brilliant choice as manager for us.
  • Options
    Uncle, wasnt talking about watching football games, more about how things have changed in terms of management & coaching. I know he won a lot their previously but think he may find the modern footballer very different to the ones he managed before. i maybe mistaken.

I think its a desperate move on their part.

Anyone could of suggested Jonjo or Wilson to Liverpool, not hard to spot they were gonna be stars int he future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He got Fulham to a European Cup final and has done well everwhere he has been bar Liverpool, where he inherited a poor squad. Why say he is a joke?
  • Options
    I hope Liverpool get what they deserve relegated shower of shyte of a club.
  • Options
    I think the management side would be very easy for him at that club (maybe not another one though) because he is so respected. People like gerrard worship him so getting the players working for him wont be hard, something i think Roy struggled with. As for the coaching managers dont do all the coaching anymore so he will just get the right team of coaches in. He will just need to be tactically aware which i think he will be.

Yes anyone could have suggested them but he was the one that did and he was the one that set the deals up.
  • Options
    If Kenny recommended JJ does that mean he will get more first team games?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]He got Fulham to a European Cup final and has done well everwhere he has been bar Liverpool, where he inherited a poor squad. Why say he is a joke?

Not exactly true is it? Didn't do well at Blackburn i seem to recall. He never inherited a poor squad 4 or 5 of them players are his. As for the others if you class Gerrard, Torres,Reina, Kuyt and cole poor then we will have to disagree. Playing them so defensively was poor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]If Kenny recommended JJ does that mean he will get more first team games?

I would like to think so but i dont think there'll be to many major changes, just a more attacking system. Trying to defend for 90 minutes and hoping Torres knicks a goal on the break was not the best tactic.
  • Options
    Although this manager speculation does my head in, I would have Hodgson without any hesitation.

His record at less fashionable clubs has been excellent. He is the current Manager Of The Year. You don't get that by being crap. At Fulham, he re-focussed Zamora, got Murphy playing again, and perhaps most impressively, he managed to get Konchesky playing like a left back.

He may not be the right bloke for Liverpool as he wasn't at Blackburn although he had done well initially at Blackburn but they had a bad run if I recall.

I can't think of an out of work manager out there who I would want more.

I think he could put the club on the footing which would stand it in great stead for many years.
  • Options
    Think it is probably to soon after ending with Liverpool to come straight here, not saying he wouldn't do a good job just bad timing i think
  • Options
    Agree there, Uncle.

Hodgson has had a traumatic time recently. Maybe a little time to step away from the game and recharge his batteries is what he needs right now?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Think it is probably to soon after ending with Liverpool to come straight here, not saying he wouldn't do a good job just bad timing i think

make you right there, Unc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Think it is probably to soon after ending with Liverpool to come straight here, not saying he wouldn't do a good job just bad timing i think

make you right there, Unc.
    I think the league we are in is more of a factor than the timing of his sacking
  • Options
    I went to my Green Grocers today and asked for a Mutual Consent of potatoes.......

I think they do them in Liverpool............
  • Options
    Took the wrong job.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No wonder Roy Hodgson says he has no bad feelings towards Liverpool....

Roy's Nice Scouse Pay Off

He's had a right result there! King Kenny comes in to take-over the chaos at Anfield and Woy gets 7.3 million quid and a nice little mid-table number at WBA.

Lovely jubbly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]No wonder Roy Hodgson says he has no bad feelings towards Liverpool....

Roy's Nice Scouse Pay Off

He's had a right result there! King Kenny comes in to take-over the chaos at Anfield and Woy gets 7.3 million quid and a nice little mid-table number at WBA.

Lovely jubbly.

Some would argue that it is only "a nice little mid-table number" because of Woy. Unbeaten and nine points from five matches in charge have taken them to 12th place. And WBA would probably pay him £7.3 million to keep them in the Premiership.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]No wonder Roy Hodgson says he has no bad feelings towards Liverpool....

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1372782/Roy-Hodgson-paid-7-3m-Liverpool-exit.html]Roy's Nice Scouse Pay Off[/url]

Lovely jubbly.[/quote]

Some would argue that it is only "a nice little mid-table number" because of Woy. Unbeaten and nine points from five matches in charge have taken them to 12th place. And WBA would probably pay him £7.3 million to keep them in the Premiership.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Hodgson.

All I am saying is that he has ended up in a very decent position, both financially and professionally.
  • Options
    Fair play to him. He has been dignified throughout all the events of recent months, including the result yesterday which would have had many others making the most out of it. If he keeps WBA up, then I can see him going for a 'bigger' team in the next season or two..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Fair play to him. He has been dignified throughout all the events of recent months, including the result yesterday which would have had many others making the most out of it. If he keeps WBA up, then I can see him going for a 'bigger' team in the next season or two..

I thought I did see the glimmer of a smile as the winning goal went in, but you're right - he's behaved impeccably.