Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Jonjo goes

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
If Jonjo leaves this summer - either because the board decide they want to cash in or because he decides that he needs to leave in order to progress as a player - I will bitterly resent Parky's decision not to play him for so long this season. Instead of being able to enjoy watching the best young player we have produced in years I have had to endure inferior performances and inferior results by inferior players. What a waste.

Comments

• Will you thank Parky for convincing JonJo to sign an extended contract so that IF he goes, we get more money for him?
  • Agree with the sentiments behind your post. I would hope that if Shelvey does go to I assume a premiership team then a loan back agreement could be sought.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm sure Parky has his reasons. But he needs to explain them - and they had better be good.

If he comes out with: ''He's only started six of the last 24 games because he's just 17/18 and I need to rest him'' then that simply will not wash.

Christ, we haven't even got a competitive reserves side, so Nadou you are right - it really has been a wasted season for the lad in terms of gaining meaningful experience and progressing as a player.

He seems such a willing and level-headed lad and he must be a bit bewildered when he sits there watching the team serve up inferior crap and wondering how much worse things have to get before he's given a proper chance again.
  • How do you know Parky convinced him to re-sign? And, anyway - no, I will still resent the fact I have been denied the pleasure of watching him play
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]How do you know Parky convinced him to re-sign? And, anyway - no, I will still resent the fact I have been denied the pleasure of watching him play
    One assumes that the manager of the club has some influence over whether players sign extensions.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Agree with the sentiments behind your post. I would hope that if Shelvey does go to I assume a premiership team then a loan back agreement could be sought.

Why would he want to be loaned back to us if he's not getting played when he is our player, let alone someone else's?
  • edited March 2010
    He's not played because Parky has decided that he should play two out and out strikers in a 442 and that Bailey or Racon are better options as the creative central midfielder. The first decision is at best debatable the second is just horribly wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]He's not played because Parky has decided that he should play two out and out strikers in a 442 and that Bailey or Racon are better options as the creative central midfielder. The first decision is at best debatable the second is just horribly wrong.
    Agree. Racon's not creative, skillful yes but that's not the same thing. Bailey, well we've seen what happens when he tries to be creative, he sprays passes around but hasn't got the ability to judge them properly or weight them perfectly.
  • I find the Shelvey non appearance strange. If he is so young why was he involved in nearly every game last season at this time, and probably our best player playing in a league a division higher. Okay he may have not progressed as much this year as in the last couple of seasons, but not to be on the bench, or selected from what have been some woeful performances does seem strange . As a guess I think there is a 'understanding' that he will go off to another club, providing he is not injured. What are we waiting for otherwise, so we fail to make the playoffs then be offloaded,! Make the playoffs and do not get promoted, because he is not match fit!, Get promoted and he leaves for a fee to a 'bigger club' to be a sub, when this team is hardly over burdened with 'talent', when we would only need 9 players for the first team for that division!

There is obviously something going on, I have no idea what it is!.

I just do not understand the stratergy behind this one!