Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Four Four Two's Top 50 Football League Players 2010

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
01. Kevin Nolan
02. Graham Dorrans
03. Jermaine Beckford (League 1 Player of the Year)
04. Lee Camp
05. Peter Whittingham
06. Paul McKenna
07. Chris Brunt
08. Michael Chopra
09. Charlie Adam
10. Wes Morgan
11. Steve Harper
12. Jerome Thomas
13. Steven Taylor
14. Darren Ambrose
15. Gary O'Neil
16. George Boyd
17. Nathaniel Clyne (Young player of the Year)
18. Robbie Savage
19. Paul Anderson
20. Anthony Gerrard
21. Rob Earnshaw
22. Jonas Olsson
23. Leon Best
24. Alan Smith
25. Wes Hoolahan
26. Leon Britton
27. Keiren Westwood
28. David Wheater
29. Ashley Williams
30. Rickie Lambert
31. Grant Holt
32. Robert Snodgrass
33. Matty Fryatt
34. Patrick Kisnorbo
35. Richie Wellens
36. Scott Carson
37. Sean St. Ledger
38. Neil Danns
39. Adam Lallana
40. Nicky Bailey
41. Simon Jackson
42. Charlie Austin
43. Craig Dawson (League 2 Player of the Year)
44. Lee Hughes
45. Brett Pitman
46. Jordan Rhodes
47. Kasper Schmeichel
48. Chris Dagnall
49. Adam le Fondre
50. Cian Hughton

Nothing to take too seriously (Andy Gray second in 2008), but interesting to see.

Comments

• Some scandalous omissions of note at first glance:

Lee Barnard
    Chris Martin
    Alex Smithies
    Radoslaw Majewski
    Nicky Maynard
  • Not really sure Bailey had done enough to be in there *ducks for cover*.

Inetersting to see JT in there - if only Jermaine Pennant had left the country a couple of years earlier, maybe Jerome would have knuckled down and we might have finally seen him fulfil the potential. Oh well, another one to add the depressingly long list of could have beens.
  • Wheres David Rooney Mooney?
  • Chris Lines should be in there he's had a stormer of a season, and the Rovers are overly reliant on him.

Gerge Boyd was a youngster with us.

A real shame we didn't sign Kisnorbo. An old fashioned, brave and positionally acute defender would have been a much better signing than Sodje imo.

Nicky Bailey is a very good champ footballer. Just imagine how many goals he'd score in a team well setup by Warnock. Streets ahead as a champ player over Ambrose, he'd be scoring bagfulls if he was at Palace and didn't have to worry about three co-midfielders that can rarely win 50-50 ball.
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]

Bloody hell...
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]

Bloody hell...
    He was, and for whatever reason we let him go but kept players over him that are now nowhere to be seen in football.
  • ZZ was in the top 5 of this a few years back
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]ZZ was in the top 5 of this a few years back
    Dickson and Iwelumo where in there in 2008 as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]ZZ was in the top 5 of this a few years back

What on earth did Dickson ever do to get on that (admitedly flawed) list?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]ZZ was in the top 5 of this a few years back

What on earth did Dickson ever do to get on that (admitedly flawed) list?

Gillingham?
  • Yeah was his Gillingham form. As you say it's flawed.
  • They need some real journos working for them that actually know the football league.
  • From what I've read on another site (where I got the list from), the list is voted on by fans, players and pundits.
  • Well maybe the need to get some new fans, players and pundits then lol, the list isn't too bad I suppose but from a Charlton perspective I think Jonjo Shelvey should be on there and I would rather have Deon Burton in my team than Lee Hughes.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]From what I've read on another site (where I got the list from), the list is voted on by fans, players and pundits.

Ahh a free vote, bit like when Kemal Attaturk was voted most influential person of all time in a world poll, I mean he was released by us although he has done very well at Colchester.

Note: In the interests of balance for Turkish lifers, I know he was a great man and founder of modern Turkey.
  • I see at no. 45 Brad Pitt has slipped in, shows the dearth of talent in the FL when a Hollywood actor, playing the role of a footballer sneaks into the top 50. Of course it could be his massive female following that got him in there.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Well maybe the need to get some new fans, players and pundits then lol, the list isn't too bad I suppose but from a Charlton perspective I think Jonjo Shelvey should be on there and I would rather have Deon Burton in my team than Lee Hughes.
    it's more about reputation or being "flavour of the month(s)", Dickson a couple of years ago being a good example.

There must be loads of Deon buttons out there, who do a good job for their team but aren't exciting enough to be noticed for this.

Didn't we have Cian Hughton on trial? Didn't realise he was a regular anywhere.