Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stefan Andersen

Just been watching footage from our 2005/2006 season, he was such a superb goalie, seems to be something of a un-sung hero? Shame Dowie loaned in Carson, would of much prefered to see Stefan in goal during that damned season.

One of the memories that sticks out most was when we beat Chelski, such a great performance and of course that penelty save.

Comments

• I always rated him but not enough chance
  • Snap like him when i see him play
  • Was behind deano and thomas myre and maybe royce if I recall was a tough call but he needed to go get games really rated him too.
  • Carson did get player of the season though and we would've been relegated sooner had it not been for him.
  • Cant knock how Carson played for us....
  • Looked a decent keeper, but then so did Carson. I forgot about him until this thread.

Remember this, was going to join Leeds on loan but it fell through in the end.
  • He was pony !!
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]Shame Dowie loaned in Carson

I can think of an absolute queue of Dowie signings I'd call a 'shame' before I did Carson! He was excellent for us
  • Is he still at Brondby?
  • He used to be able to throw the ball miles!
  • Sponsored links:

• Carson was amazing for us don't get me wrong, but in the long run Stefan would of been a better choice, who knows we could of had him in the Championship??
  • edited March 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephan_Andersen/>

Still at Brondby and has 6 caps for Denmark
  • The next Schmeichel, just like Christensen was the Danish Ronaldo :)

That is a bit harsh on Andersen of course, who contributed far more than Christensen ever did. I was never entirely convinced, didn't think he was any better than Myhre and definitely no better than Deano or Carson.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]He used to be able to throw the ball miles!

Bit like Rob Elliot....
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    I was never entirely convinced, didn't think he was any better than Myhre and definitely no better than Deano or Carson.
    Do agree there wasn't much between any of them.
  • Reminds me of Rob Elliot - capable of making outstanding reaction saves, but always capable of conceding the odd soft goal
  • Talented shot stopper but he always had a rickett in him. Probably better than we have now but like so many players, when we let him go had were in a position to be expecting better. Trouble is Dowie and Pardew signed worse and worse players and the rest is history.

Not really one I'd get all dewy eyed over though.
  • edited March 2010
    Started the 2005/06 season very well but had a dip in form when he made a few mistakes, remember the Ruud Van Nistelrooy goal from 20 yards that went under him and at Blackburn he was done at near post!

Made some excellent saves though including against Sunderland away on opening day (it led to Grays goal but was a fine save).
  • I prefered Thomas Myhre tbh...
  • Had a lot of goalies since Kiely haven't we?

Stefan Dennis
    Thomas Myhre
    Scott Carson
    Nicky Weaver
    Rob Elliot
  • Sponsored links:

• had more managers though haven't we? lol
  • sorry not that funny - joke retracted!
  • Randolf too, at least temporarily, and Ikeme. I never thought about it much but when you see the list its pretty long!
  • Maybe similar to managers in that successful teams have the same one consistently.