Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So this is what we do......

We get Gary Johnson. Soon to leave Bristol City by all accounts. He has the track record of success. He can work on a budget of next to nothing, look at what he did at Yeovil. He gets his teams to play decent, attacking football. And he is nothing to do with the previous 5 years of our club. He would be a great manager in my opinion.

Problems......Parkinson. Two options find the money to sack him, yes he has a new contract, but it's only another year on it, and he can't be on massive wages. If they can find the bit of cash for an extra loan when we need it maybe this is just as vital? Does anyone know the figures? alternatively, keep him on, pay him his monthly wage but change his job description? move him away form the first team, out of the training ground and give him a worthless job, but saves on the compo and just got to find another wage for Johnson.

I like Gary Johnson. He could turn us around, maybe not straight away but he could be the man to lead us forward.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Bangkok Dave[/cite]I like Gary Johnson. He could turn us around, maybe not straight away but he could be the man to lead us forward.
    see this is why we cant afford to bring in a new manager to take us up next year! we need to go up this season!
  • Won't happen.
  • Glad we got Parky on that new contract.
    Wouldn't want anyone nicking him off us.
  • edited March 2010
    Absolutely!
  • I say we do a collection at the Gillingham match, I'm sure once we tell people of such a worthy cause they will be quick to empty their wallets.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]I say we do a collection at the Gillingham match, I'm sure once we tell people of such a worthy cause they will be quick to empty their wallets.

If we had done a collection at Millwall, we'd have enought cash to sack him and buy Rooney from Man U!!
  • edited March 2010
    put parky on gardening leave, and bring new bloke in for the remaining game to earn a deal - with different title but above him, that way we won't have to pay up his contract immediately
  • Would love it to happen, but if the money ain't there, it ain't there.

Shame though, because I don't think he will be unemployed for long and he would be an ideal fit for us at the moment.
  • I would love Johnson to join us, he has the balls for a play off fight!!
  • He might have the balls but do the players?