Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

All Together Now

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
"WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP"

Away teams come to our place, knowing we are 3rd, only lost two at home and expect to hear us all singing 'we are going up' instead, we make it easy on the away fans and team by getting on our own teams back singing 'we want parky out' and the usual chorus of booing.

Trying desperately to build some optomism here...so...

"WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP"

Who's joining me? (not many i guess)

Comments

• Play off final victory. I can see it now
  • Not sure that the Charlton crowd do get on the players back that much to be honest. Certainly not as fickle as some.
  • We can't afford to get on the players back at all at this crucial point of the season SHG. What we need is a fantastic atmosphere from start to finish everytime we play.
  • All in all we've been a lot more patient than a lot of clubs' fans would have been over the last few years. At Saturday's game there were even a few of our fans clapping the players off at the end!

Sometimes there is an atmosphere of jumping on mistakes a bit quick, but that's nothing you wouldn't find in any other ground. With all the money fans spend and players receive, supporters everywhere are less patient and have high standards.

I know what you mean though Drawnablank. Giving our own players a hard time can feel like cutting off your nose to spite your face. But sometimes the players need to give the fans a lift, and not just the other way round.
  • I don't disagree with you BBClaus.

For just 10 more games, can't we just give them a lift regardless if they give us anything to get excited about on the pitch if it helps to gain promotion?