Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away fans this season!.

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
How many fans have our club taken too away grounds so far?.

Comments

• I know we have sold out at Southend,leyton orient,Gillingham and Millwall.What about the other away matches?.Airman prob knows.
  • wasnt many spare seats at Wycombe & Colchester. Leeds was about 1000 i think.
  • Nearly sold out: Wycombe, Colchester, Leeds, Yeovil i think, Norwich

Sold out: Gills, Orient, Milwall, Brentford, Brighton

Will sell out: Saints, Exeter, maybe Oldham and MK Dons (dependant on allocation)
  • Yeovil sold out didn't it?
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Nearly sold out: Wycombe, Colchester, Leeds, Yeovil i think, Norwich

Will sell out: Saints, Exeter, maybe Oldham and MK Dons (dependant on allocation)
    What makes you think you will sale out down here? I don't think you've ever brought the full 3,200 since St Marys has been built. But with it being near the end of the season it might be a big game for you.
  • we brought 3k down to you in the first season in the champ i think, remember that iwelumo goal ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]we brought 3k down to you in the first season in the champ i think, remember that iwelumo goal ;)

I remember that game, was a completely one sided game then you snatched it in the last minutes! But I don't think you took 3,000 down, more like 2,000ish I think. Still decent numbers though.
  • If we don't go up then I dread to think of next season judging on previous seasons. Rochdale on a Tuesday night anyone?

Although results haven't gone our way all the time, I have really enjoyed the away trips this season. Ten times more so than the Premiership / Championship.
  • I think we may sell out MK Dons initial allocation of 1500, it is not too far and a vital game. If they give us another 1500 I agree we will struggle to sell.

Likewise Saints, vital game, not too far and fans wanting to give Pards some stick! Also in 2001 in the Prem we took a very sizable following to St Marys for the first game there that Saints won, so i think we may have sold out there since it was built.
  • We're averaging 1,446 away from home this season.

Will providing a full update for the league in a couple of weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    1446 not bad but not great especially when you consider the amount of teams we have played in the south.

Saying that if Bristol Rovers and Walsall had not been changed/postponed we would have taken more there and if we do sell out a couple more, this figure should increase
  • oohahh is trying so hard...
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Nearly sold out: Wycombe, Colchester, Leeds, Yeovil i think, Norwich

We will not sell out for Saints mate its too big and we have a too smaller following. Exeter im not sure why you think we would sell out there Oldham we should just because its the last game of the season MK Dons i thought was being boycotted i know i am not going on the principal that i dont think that club should exist and i miss Wimbledon.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Nearly sold out: Wycombe, Colchester, Leeds, Yeovil i think, Norwich

We will not sell out for Saints mate its too big and we have a too smaller following. Exeter im not sure why you think we would sell out there Oldham we should just because its the last game of the season MK Dons i thought was being boycotted i know i am not going on the principal that i dont think that club should exist and i miss Wimbledon.

Exeter will sell out because it's near the end of the season, it's a decent day out without being too far away and the allocation is likely to only be about 8-900.
  • I reckon we will sell out Exeter as the allocation is not very big and as the second to last away game of the standard season, I would have thought more would make the trip. Oldham likewise and they are due to get a new ground soon so we may not get another chance to play there.

I also said maybe we'll sell out MK Dons, what I meant was we should sell the first allocation at least and then it is up to the club how many more we get. I strongly disagree with not going due to the Wimbledon debate, it is charlton i am paying to see not franchise fc!
  • They do, that's correct.
  • [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]
    What makes you think you will sale out down here? I don't think you've ever brought the full 3,200 since St Marys has been built. But with it being near the end of the season it might be a big game for you.

Yeah and you lot always bring amazing away numbers to the valley.

2,000+ for games that are on a Saturday.
  • this thread is clearly a wind up
  • We are not in the same league as Southampton on away support so let not take the mickey.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Nearly sold out: Wycombe, Colchester, Leeds, Yeovil i think, Norwich

Do you think Alan will let us win the game as its partly his fought we are down here Saints Fan. Ain't like your going to be getting into the play offs!. ;):)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]We are not in the same league as Southampton on away support so let not take the mickey.

I agree i dont think Saints will be anywere near a sell out. As you say saints make us look silly when it comes to attendences. Lets face it most large clubs like saints do.
  • Exeter will not sell out full stop its just not appealing enough to the masses especially as we will probably be about 8th in the league by then anyway but still MK Dons is the only one im not doing out of principle
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]

Do you think Alan will let us win the game as its partly his fought we are down here Saints Fan. Ain't like your going to be getting into the play offs!. ;):)
    I don't know, I suspect he will want to get one over you as much as your fans will want to get one over him. Should be a good game anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]

I don't know, I suspect he will want to get one over you as much as your fans will want to get one over him. Should be a good game anyway.

Worth a try anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]

Worth a try anyway.

Haha, just put 2 big CBs on Lambert, we will soon run out of ideas!
  • What happened last night SF?
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]

Worth a try anyway.

Haha, just put 2 big CBs on Lambert, we will soon run out of ideas!

Yeah... I wouldn't really say any of our 3 cbs are big apart from Llera and he is just a no go!
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]We are not in the same league as Southampton on away support so let not take the mickey.

Soton are currently averaging 120 more than us away, averaging 1,565.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]What happened last night SF?

I'm going to say we had an off day. Thats what most visiting supporters say when their side lose at St Marys this season!
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]We are not in the same league as Southampton on away support so let not take the mickey.

Just out of interest, does that include the numbers from Tranmere and Wycombe? I keep a document of our away support and I can't find those two anywhere!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]We are not in the same league as Southampton on away support so let not take the mickey.

Afka, where do you get these figures from?