Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Saturday's ref has plenty of history

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Gives out cards like confetti, demoted from the Premiership, had a run-in with Arsene Wenger etc

http://gillsconnect.com/s/Gills_News_Desk/Entries/2010/3/16_CONTROVERSIAL_REF_APPOINTED_FOR_ADDICKS_GAME.html

Comments

• Sure we had him a few times in the championship.
  • Caretaker boss Phil Parkinson believes Charlton's second-half display at home to Queens Park Rangers showed his side have the courage and commitment to get out of their current predicament.

The Addicks trailed to ex-loan man Lee Cook's free-kick at the break after a tepid first-half display.

But they came out fighting for the second period and pulled level when Nicky Bailey beat Radek Cerny to Lloyd Sam's cross to head home.

A defensive mix-up allowed Dexter Blackstock to put the Hoops back in front, but again Charlton rallied to equalise when Bailey stooped low to head into an empty net after Cerny had failed to deal with a cross.

There were further chances to win it in a dramatic end to the game, with Sam heading wide and Emmanuel Ledesma seeing an effort disallowed late on.

Parkinson's frustrations boiled over in the dying stages and he was sent to the stands by referee Paul Taylor after Charlton saw a third appeal for handball in the penalty area turned down.

On his dismissal from the dugout, Parkinson said: "It was after the third penalty appeal. I thought it was handball in the box and we didn't get it.

"Normally if three of those happen, you expect to get one of them and I felt the referee should have given us a penalty. He told me he'd disallowed their goal but everyone could see Dexter Blackstock had held Martin Cranie on the floor so I'm not giving him too much credit for that. I felt we should have had a penalty and that's what I was frustrated with.”
    Dec 2008, is this the same ref? Parky must be looking forward to it!
  • Let's pray we get old monty paneser back for our run, he likes us. 2 pens wernt it and both very dodgy mcleods was outside the area!!
  • Oh great another total clown