Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best XI In The League

With the Football League awards having just taken place and a lot of people questioning how good our squad is I thought I'd do a best XI of the players in this league and see where we stand, this is my one:

Elliot

Richardson Kisnorbo Sodje Youga

Snodgrass Bailey Racon Hoolhan

Beckford Holt

Comments

• Very funny.Far far to many Charlton players in that little list.
  • laughable
  • Kelvin Davis

Amankwa Steve Elliot Mkandawari Harding

Snodgrass Bailey Chris Lines Hoolohan

Holt Austin
  • [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]With the Football League awards having just taken place and a lot of people questioning how good our squad is I thought I'd do a best XI of the players in this league and see where we stand, this is my one:

Elliot

Richardson Kisnorbo Sodje Youga

Snodgrass Bailey Racon Hoolhan

Beckford Holt

That's got to be a wind up!!
  • edited March 2010
    Not really I'll explain my selection of Charlton:
    Elliot - Don't really see too many great keepers in this league and Robbie has pulled off some world class saves at times so I think hes as good as any really.
    Richardson - Granted he isn't brillaint but I can't think of any that I've seen that are better.
    Sodje- Good centreback good enough to be playing in the Championship.
    Youga - Definately best left back in the league.
    Bailey - Don't see any complaints with that.
    Racon - Well don't see too many better either and I would fancy putting Semedo in there as well

I know we were shit against Millwall and haven't been that convincing for a lot of games but that is a team effort and I've always said and will say once again that I think overall indivdually we have the best team in the league. Which is why unlike some doom merchants I wasn't expecting us to struggle this season and why if we don't go up Parky has to go because this squad is actually too good not to go up.
  • I really disagree that this SQUAD is all that.Take for instance our centre half position.
    Having just three centre halves is no good at any level,let alone when one is nearly forty,another has the turning speed of the QE2 and the last one regularaly leaves his brain in the glove box before getting out of his car to play a game of football.

Sorry.Just not good enough.
  • Yeah I have to agree the squad isn't but the invdivduals are and part of having a thin squad is Parky's fault he could have a brought in a centreback on loan rather than Mooney or Sodje and could have also signed a better forward. Btw I don't get this whole Sodje is a liabilty thing? Yes he has gotten sent off twice this season, one a challenge out of necessity, the other a bad challenge because he lost his rag, so other than having a slight temper issue imo he has been a very solid defender.
  • Bailey would be the only one who would get near that side.

Im not sure i would have Elliott in my Charlton XI let alone the league one.
  • Youga yes.
    Bailey in the squad.
    Racon on standby for the squad.
    Elliot would not make the squad & nor would Sodje.
    Richardson would not make the shortlist. (or the longlist!)
  • I think one of the problems with Sodje is that he often leaves Dailly stranded in dangerous situations when he goes flying about the place without any real chance of getting the ball.It leaves Dailly as the last line of defence which is not so clever when you consider he is not too far off getting his free bus pass.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richardson is doubtful in my mind, compare Richardsons last 10 games to Omozusi last 10 or so games.

No contest, if a player without a club has impresssed more then how can Frazer make the League 1 team of season
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Richardson is doubtful in my mind, compare Richardsons last 10 games to Omozusi last 10 or so games.

No contest, if a player without a club has impresssed more then how can Frazer make the League 1 team of season[/quote]

Lol only because I can't think of anyone that I've seen this season that's better
  • The Swindon right back impressed me, Russell Martin at Norwich is not bad neither is the Brentford RB to name three.

I just don't think Richardson is as good as people have made out, he started the season well but has not played well imho since his injury
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]The Swindon right back impressed me, Russell Martin at Norwich is not bad neither is the Brentford RB to name three.

I just don't think Richardson is as good as people have made out, he started the season well but has not played well imho since his injury[/quote]

Agree about Richardson, yeah Swindon's right back didn't look too bad, just can't personally think of any that made me go wow love to have him in my team.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite] I've always said and will say once again that I think overall indivdually we have the best team in the league

....and there's ya problem.

Can't disagree too much with cafcdan18's team to be honest, except for Lambert instead of Austin, and Amawanker at rightback. I'd go as far as picking Alan Dunne - never likely to set the world alight, but consistently solid week after week. Not sure i'd have any Millwall in there though. I'd like to think that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

SIX Charlton players in your team of the season? Bless.
  • B*stard quotey thing....
  • Lambert or Barnard would probably be rated over Austin but I based it on games against CAFC, Austin scored a fine goal at The Valley and I think got an assist. We have only played against Lambert and Barnard once each and they were both relatively quite.

Sure they'll make uo for it on April 10th
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite][quote]
    SIX Charlton players in your team of the season? Bless.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I'll admit that Richardson is there at a stretch so I'd happily take him out, as for Elliot I really don't think theres anyone better, I'll accept that some might be as good so if he was changed for someone then I wouldn't mind but I stand firmly with the choice of Sodje, Youga, Bailey and Racon.
  • Bailey thats it.
  • Youga is one of the best LBs but has missed half the season so he cannot be there.
    Bailey would be there and Racon/Semedo would not be too far away imho based on early season form in Racons case and most of the season for Semedo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry but Racon is struggling to hold a place in a struggling team why would he get in a league XI. You cant base it on his assists because there are not many, you cant base it on his goals because there are not many. So i wonder why you put him in a league XI. To be fair not sure robbie sodje or richardson would make most peoples team
  • only seen Racon have 1 good game this season --------overrated end of FACT
  • Forze - You do understand the criteria for Team of the Season, right? I'm assuming this is all of course just personal preference, and that you're not actually going to be left scratching your head when Sam Sodje doesn't feature? I don't think I could even be quite that biased towards us. Admittedly i've not seen much of anyone elses team, so it would be easy for me to stick Jimmy Abdou, Danny Schofield, and Darren Ward in there.....but i'm pretty sure there are players out there more worthy.

Sod it, i'm going for a team full of Neil Harris' then!
  • Thats just a load of bollox
    . or maybe it isnt
  • Just to clear up any confusion I'm doing this more on players abilities rather than how they have performed this season per se. For instance Rickie Lambert has had a great season for Soton but I've put Beckford and Holt in there because I believe them to be better players.
  • I've not seen anyone better than Richardson either, but I've never watched any other League One right backs closely or for more than one maybe two games. Richardson's has some good games but without seeing other clubs games regularly I have no idea if he's the best. Hasn't impressed me consistently enough to make me think he is.

On Racon I have to agree with uncle. I can't actually work out what his job is. It's not to score goals, it can't be to create as he rarely does, and he's obviously not there to win the ball. More skill than most players in the league, but some way off being the most effective.

Bailey possibly for his goalscoring, but when we play a 4 man midfield neither Bailey or Racon control
    the midfield and they've struggled against perhaps less talented but more solid midfields.

Sodje is usually solid but has some awful moments. Didn't convince me two seasons ago he is a top half Championship player and I still don't see that now.
  • Smithies

Amankwaah Kisnorbo Fonte Harte

Snodgrass Bailey Hoolahan Puncheon

Holt Lambert