Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A New Approach

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
We have 10 games remaining. Just 10!!! We are so close to an automatic spot!!!

Lets back the team instead of getting on their backs at every opportunity.

Parky isn't everyones favourite but he's our manager and will be at least until the season is done, so, get off his back and just accept what he does to get us up. Lets get behind him, for those who don't want to fair enough but I ask you not to boo or sing parky out.
Mooney and Sodje are terrible but they are the guys entrusted to provide us with goals, knowing their own fans don't rate/like them isn't going to get their confidence up or inspire them to put the ball in the back of the net. Lets get behind them, support them.

I know we can create an amazing atmosphere at the Valley, it happens rarely but when we do it's electric. We have 5, just 5 home games left. REGARDLESS OF THE SCORE, PERFORMANCE, TACTICS AND LINE UP, LET US COME TOGETHER FOR THOSE 5 GAMES AND MAKE SUCH A NOISE, RAISE THE ROOF AND GIVE A MONUMENTAL EFFORT FROM THE STANDS AND TRY AND SING OUR BOYS ON TO AUTOMATIC PROMOTION.

if we don't and we don't go up then don't come on here blaming the players and Parky because we wouldn't have done our part either.
We're all in this together. We're all part of the same team.

Simples!

Comments

• I think you drawnablank with that one mate?.

:-)
  • so your saying piss poor performances we should just keep smiling cheering and put on false smiles.

There not fecking kids they should know how we feel and the grief they get for me if i was playing would be enough for me to say come on lads they are right we stink lets sort it out and prove we are worthy to wear the colours.

Maybe our captain should sit down with his players and have a heart to heart
  • I, for one, love it. Why not go (stay?) down fighting and with everyone, support included, doing our best? I too recognize that Parky's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a good point that drawnablank makes that not supporting him or the team can be saved for the summer, should you be so inclined.

This is the time to get behind what we have...
  • cheer and roar em on till the seasons finished and if we're promoted we're all lovey -dovey and if we fail once it's confirmed let all your vitriol, stress and bile poor out on them
  • A bit extreme, but that's the idea! ;-)
  • Doomed!
  • Looking back the the footage of the Spurs game a few seasons ago that's the sort of atmosphere/support we are capable of producing on the day and it would be great to think that we can produce it for the run in. BUT after the last few seasons it's hardly suprising that the crowd's quick to turn ugly when presented with yet another sub-standard performance/result.

Maybe it's not fair to expect it and none of us know what's going to happen over the remaining games but ultimately getting behind the team can't hurt can it? Even if, IMO anyway, professional players should be capable of putting in a professional performance in front of one man and his dog if neccessary.

The time for recriminations is in May.
  • I always support the team regardless how bad they are.
  • It aint happening. We'll be drawing 0-0 at home to a side with the worst away record in the league after 60 minutes and everyone will be pissed off again. Go and make noise and cheer on the players, but it wont make one bit of difference im afraid!
  • I enter the ground positive enough, and then after watching 20 minutes of the filth that we dish up I start realising that shopping in Bluewater would have been the better option - and I hate shopping in Blue Water! Otherwise I will keep on smiling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hard though it is to muster genuine enthusiasm at the moment, I agree - get behind them while promotion's still a possibility. If we witnessed (eg) Arsenal or Spurs fans slagging their teams off for being third we'd probably be quick to pass judgement. Different circumstances of course but let's at least try until it's out of reach.
  • [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Hard though it is to muster genuine enthusiasm at the moment, I agree - get behind them while promotion's still a possibility. If we witnessed (eg) Arsenal or Spurs fans slagging their teams off for being third we'd probably be quick to pass judgement. Different circumstances of course but let's at least try until it's out of reach.

I agree - and keep trying to tell myself that - but we are in a fairly unique position of being 3rd in the league, whilst playing dire football.
  • Come on you rip roaring goal scoring addicks!!!!!!
  • It's easy enough to say "support the team 'til the end no matter what...booing is negative...the poor players will become emotional wrecks if we don't just say nice things about him" - but it's quite a different thing when you are four nil down at Millwall mate.

These players are paid the most in their division, if they do not live up to that billing then they are going to come in for stick and that's just the way of life I'm afraid.
  • What you got to ask yourself is: At the beginning of the season, with 36 games played, would you be happy at at being third behind Norwich and Leeds and 8 points clear of the 7th placed club...

I for one would have been quite content...

But due to the way we've achieved exactly that then I, like a lot of fans, am quite disappointed....

How can we be happy and unhappy at exactly the same achievement..?
  • See what your saying RedZed. I think its partly down to the great start we had, raising expectations. Plus the fact that the top two, Leeds especially, have given us more than enough chances to overtake them. We havent played well for weeks/months and havent won convincigly since home to MK Dons. We know the players are capable....they just arent doing their jobs properly.
  • edited March 2010
    One theme that constantly ran through the early season threads was that in the beginning we only played the teams we were 'destined' to beat anyway and that when it came to the 'tougher' teams we would be found out...

It looks like that is exactly how it is panning out...

When you look at who we have left to play and the sort of form they are in and the form we are currently experiencing it does not bode well...
  • Millwall have made up sixteen points on us since Jan 17th. Those eight points we are clear of Huddersfield with may not be enough. Defeat at the Galpharm doesn't bare thinking about.
  • just five home games left including Narwich, Col U and Leeds. Ouch.
  • Instead of looking at it as 'Norwich, Col U and Leeds. Ouch', look at it as we could get a point maybe three against the top side, beat a play off rival further cementing our play off place then go on to beat Leeds to nick 2nd???

It's been dire, hard to watch at times and Saturday was such a low but we are 3rd, we could get 2nd. We've been in a rut for so long but going up however crap we play could be what gets us out of this slump.

Crap football and promotion is a lot better than the crap football and relegation we've had to endure recently.

Couldn't care less how we play from now on in if we go up.
  • Sponsored links:

• With you there, drawnablank.
  • Maybe RedZed has a good point here - if we'd struggled to adjust after relegation, but clawed our way into contention like Millwall have, third would probably seem a lot more exciting and we'd probably all be a lot more optimistic. But then, maybe that optimism would be justified by better current form to carry us through. Galling though it is not to have taken advantage of Leeds' generosity, we are still third, with three of our major rivlas still to play at home. Just wish I felt a bit more confident about those games...
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Sorry if I offend, but I'll be cheering til the fat lady sings.

Thats ok just dont do it to loudly and dont stand up ;-)