Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Season

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Sorry if this has already been posted but a word from a friend (who has some sort of contact at board level) claims if we don't get promoted the whole of the first team will be put up for sale.
We all are aware of our financial situation, as are the players and with this in mind it does my nut in seeing the lack of commitment on saturday. The future of our club is pretty much in their hands (from what i've been told) and we are getting performances like that! There are the odd exceptions: Robbie Elliot, Bailey im struggling to name a third? but im sure IF we don't go up you won't see the players for dust. These two included.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    14 players contracts are up so we wont get any money!!!...the only thing is it will reduce the wage bill.
  • what about Parky, will he be put up for sale?
  • We are well and truely done then. Reminds me of Bradford!
  • that occured to me earlier about Bradford, they are probably one of the biggest teams in the bottom division yet have no hope of going up this year and have massively underachived for the last 9 years.
  • so correction would be what's left of the first team which is about 4 players...

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: gaunty[/cite]i think its safe to say, if we dont get promoted, we may all be finding a new club to support. We are in an absolute mess. Parky must go

Millwall ?
  • The financial position is not Parkys fault, It's down to the board and past managers. I don't think we have ever spent out of our means, we was always the "model" club over achieving if anything really. The financial situation is purely down to 2 relegations and a wage bill to big to handle. The biggest mistake was Dowie who is an absolute clown. He is like Glen Roader once he is appointed your doomed and for the life of me i can't see why we choose him as Curbs replacement. You can't even call him a BRIGHT young manager lol.

What is happening on the pitch now IS Parkys fault but anyone with half a brain cell will realize if we get rid of Parky we will have to pay him some sort of compensation which equals even more SKINT
  • The Supporters Trust thing seems to have gone very quiet.

Has it died a death before being born?
  • ? what's the supporters trust
  • [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]? what's the supporters trust

There were various threads about forming one around the start of the season and a few meetings held I believe but all seems to have gone quiet for some time as I said.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=31980&page=1#Item_5

and

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=30943&page=1#Item_9

There are a few more threads relating to it too.
  • Think this might be partly true. Without promotion there will be cuts to the palying staff but I suspect its closer to the truth that the board would be prepared to listen to offers for any player rather than they are all for sale. There is a difference. Get prepared for some nasty tasting medicine though.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Think this might be partly true. Without promotion there will be cuts to the palying staff but I suspect its closer to the truth that the board would be prepared to listen to offers for any player rather than they are all for sale. There is a difference. Get prepared for some nasty tasting medicine though.
    I'd agree and say that's more likely. We wouldn't sell Elliot for example, but if someone bidded £500k we'd have to seriously consider it.
  • well if we dont go up then of course there will be a bitter pill to take but as long as we have a club and ground to go to thats really all we need its the times with your mates away trips piss ups grrrrr times etc.....of course it would be lovely to cheer a march up the tables but hey we are charlton good times bad times its part of our life keep smiling cant wait for beer oclock saturday..
  • Good riddance to all of them - most play like they don't think they belong here anyway!

Lack of passion = lack of giving a shit

See ya (Would rather have a team of nobodies giving 100% for 90 mins than these Billy-Bullshitters).
  • [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Good riddance to all of them - most play like they don't think they belong here anyway!

Lack of passion = lack of giving a shit

See ya (Would rather have a team of nobodies giving 100% for 90 mins than these Billy-Bullshitters).
    Players like Llera try their best, they just aren't that good. It's not that they don't care. He's exactly the type of player you're asking for.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Think this might be partly true. Without promotion there will be cuts to the palying staff but I suspect its closer to the truth that the board would be prepared to listen to offers for any player rather than they are all for sale. There is a difference. Get prepared for some nasty tasting medicine though.
    I'd agree and say that's more likely. We wouldn't sell Elliot for example, but if someone bidded £500k we'd have to seriously consider it.

Surely this was already the case in January though? I'd have thought any sizeable bid for our players would've been accepted.
  • Probably but Parky said he didn't have any phonecalls about our better players. Just even more likely in the summer when more deals happen and it'll be even more important for us to get the wage bill down.
  • does anyone know who the out of contract players will be?

Will we still be stuck with Mootoo? Will we still have players who are on Prem or Championship wages?

From top of my head Bailey and Shelvey will be under contract with Championship wages. Llera and Richardson will be on good league 1 wages. Anyone else?
  • i wouldn't of thought shelvey was on great money for his first pro-contract?? I can imagined Dailly is one of the top earners and llyod sam. Racon and Semedo joined in our first season in the championship so im guessing they are on half decent contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]does anyone know who the out of contract players will be?
    This was brought up yesterday

Should be these 14-

Sam, Sodje, Randolph, Basey, Dailly, Burton, McKenzie, Spring, Sinclair, Dickson, Clark, Wagstaff, Solly and Stavrinou.
  • Administration remains highly unlikely given who we owe money to. people have started bandying the word around in football with very little idea of what it means. The board own something worthless. As in no one is buying as the running costs are prohibitive. Therefore they carry on or they shutdown. Making the former the most likely for a long while yet.
  • OMG we should put money together and buy the club;) then we can put parky and chris dickson on a rocket and fire them away into shedhurst park.