Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

When does the emergency loan window end ?

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
I think the loan window ends next week , I hope we might get someone in to give us a boost. Are there any Premiership youngsters who might not cost much in wages available ?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Sending back Mooney would be my first move. I presume we are able to terminate his loan?
  • Just for a minute I thought Nathan wanted to borrow a couple of quid ; )
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Sending back Mooney would be my first move. I presume we are able to terminate his loan?

A single from London Paddington to Reading costs £13.20. I will man up and front the cash myself.
  • I don't think they will let us have 8-10 players in one hit though.
  • We won't get anyone, but I do wonder if we should have look at some younger Prem players rather than backup Championship ones.
  • All we need is a left back and a striker.

Oh, and a new manager!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]We won't get anyone, but I do wonder if we should have look at some younger Prem players rather than backup Championship ones.[/quote]

Definately agree! I've been saying for ages albeit unrealistically that we could get Macheda from Man Utd on loan, only because if it were me I'd rather play for a more recognised name like Charlton Athletic one of the top teams in League 1, than say Doncaster one of the bottom teams in the Championship who are a bit of a nobody club. However I think there's more chance of Miguel Llera getting a transfer to Barcelona than us bringing in Macheda!

Unfortunately I can't really think of who we could get realistically, Sam Vokes has gone back to Wolves I really think we should go in for him and not that much of a youngster but how about Ricardo Vaz Te from Bolton?

We could also go for Championship reserves but higher up the league, Reuben Reid from WBA would be a good shout, and maybe we could get Forest to give us one of their many strikers, would love to sign Nathan Tyson or Angelo Balanta from QPR. Sorry it's all been strikers just think that is the area we need strengthening the most and then it would be centre back but can't think of too many of those.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]We won't get anyone, but I do wonder if we should have look at some younger Prem players rather than backup Championship ones.

Dont see the point in that. We already have a player that could be a young prem player but he dont get a look in. Why would we want to get more and more tho the point why would they want to come? We have stopped being a footballing side and just lump the ball forward 60 yards at every oppotunity. It then more pften than not gets knocked straight back. We dont play football on the floor and we dont play creative football. If i was a youngster (yes i know i'm still quite young) I would rather stick to player for Arsenal reserves every now and again than play for Charlton first team every now and again (or be brought on in the 90th minute). There are some good young players still at this club like Lewis, i see he scored again the weekend so maybe use them instead.
  • I mean in general rather than now. Rather than say signing Mooney or Sodje, did we consider a reserve a Premier League club? We clearly needed options up front, but went for more experienced players every time over a promising player wanting to gain that experience. All our loans are backup players that aren't wanted by their club. We may well have looked into it, I don't know, really just wondering if it was actually considered as an option.
  • I think Parky much prefers experience over youth, so we may not even have looked into it. It reminds me a bit of West Ham, always ending up with other peoples leftovers.
  • Sponsored links:

• The reason I raised this was to find out the deadline , which i think is next Friday 26th ( not sure though). Parky's one in one out policy could include in one to replace Jackson whose loan officially ended today. I give Parky credit that Jackson had he stayed fit could have changed our season and made a positive difference in the games he played .

There is no doubt in my mind that playing Solly out of position cost us on Saturday and although with an eight point advantage over Huddersfield I think we will make the play offs ( although I do not take that for granted ), my concern is how we would play once there. Unfortunately , modern Football dictates that Prem clubs have more youngsters who will not make the first team at their parent club.Swindon recently took Stephen Darby off the Scousers I can't believe there is not a young player somewhere whose parent club would not want to be part of a potential play off push and might be reasonably cheap in wages.
  • I do not agree so much with the fringe plays from the lower Champ loan idea, for me there is not a tremendous amount of difference between the lower half of the Champ (where Reading and Wednesday are) and ourselves therefore if Sodje and Mooney are not good enough for these teams then they are probably not going to be good enough for us on a regular basis.

Fringe/Younger players from teams near the top of the Champ and Prem however are more likely to make an impression for the top teams in league 1. Kyel Reid for example has come from a play off contender and has looked very good, likewise Fraser Forster at Norwich has come from Newcastle.

Other examples inc Stephen Darby who is more likely to make a postive impression than Butterfield. Danny Ward, Andros Townsend more so than the clowns we have in attack.
  • What we wouldn't give for the 3 players that came in when we won the playoffs, mills youds and bowen. Would beef up the defence big time.
  • God, I hope Parky isn't reading this...
  • he won't be. Said at Bromley that he doesn't read internet message boards, even said he thinks they are dangerous !!
  • Lets have a whip round for Adam Le Fondre of Rotherham!!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]he won't be. Said at Bromley that he doesn't read internet message boards, even said he thinks they are dangerous !!

Dont believe a word of it
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]he won't be. Said at Bromley that he doesn't read internet message boards, even said he thinks they are dangerous !!

Dont believe a word of it
    Is that based on anything or just a feeling?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]he won't be (Parky). Said at Bromley that he doesn't read internet message boards, even said he thinks they are dangerous !!

So, he will never know that he really is crap then!
  • Asked if he was likely to be making any more loan moves before the transfer window for temporary deals closes, Parkinson replied: "There's always a possibility."
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35800

A chance Borrowdale won't be the last loan signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we could get another loanee in where would it be ? and who could be the one out ? in an ideal world ( I know this is unrealistic ) I would like a third Keeper for emergency in the last month , a centre back and a striker.

In terms of one out it looks like there are no takers for Moo2 , but what about Spring ? We are well covered in central midfield and he may be better placed in the play off run in if he played somewhere.
  • edited March 2010
    Saw yesterday Swindon have signed Frank Nouble on loan from West Ham. Saw highlights of the game he started v Aston Villa, looked a real handful, strong, quick and maybe a bit unpreditcable. Going to be interesting to see how he does for Swindon, but I thought back then he looked at least as good as Dickson or McLeod if not better. Was only highlights though so can't judge him properly, but I think he'll be useful for Swindon. Just looked him up, didn't even realise West Brom took him on loan. Only lasted 3 games though so probably a step too far for him at the moment, is only 18.

I do think when it comes to strikers we should seriously consider young Premier League players rather than back up players for struggling Championship sides. For other positions they're fine, players come in and do a job, but there won't be many, if any goalscorers in the reserves of Championship sides. Something I hope we look at next season especially if we stay down.
  • We tried the Premier League reserve route with Martyn Waghorn - think he scored one but didn't start that many games?

Nearly all Championship clubs are going to be wanting to bring in a striker to get promtion/get in the play-offs/avoid relegation so we're going to be a way down the list for getting anyone with a bit of promise.
    At the more 'experienced' end of the market, they're going be out of form, fitness or favour - which explains why we've signed the likes of Mooney, McKenzie and Sodje.

We're going to be very lucky to pick up anyone decent at this stage of the season, so will probably have to make do with what we've got.
  • Should have said I was talking more about the future, rather than now. Far too late to get anyone and we won't with Akpo and Mooney here.

Was talking more about League One, Championship like I said can be a step too far for some young players (bit older but Kyel Reid another example, not good enough for Sheff Utd yet).

Waghorn wasn't quite good enough at the time (though he's now part of a good Leicester side), would have been decent in this league though.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]he won't be. Said at Bromley that he doesn't read internet message boards, even said he thinks they are dangerous !!

Can the thick twat even read?