Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

McKenzie out for 3 weeks

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=9252&headline=Leon

CHARLTON striker Leon McKenzie could be out for up to three weeks after suffering a thigh injury in training on Thursday.

The 31-year-old forward has yet to start a game for the Addicks since signing on transfer deadline day in August 2009.

He will now not return until April because of this latest problem, and there must be serious concerns that the former Coventry attacker will go through the whole season without making the starting XI.

He had been named on the bench for the previous 15 games before missing out on the trip to Millwall on Saturday.

“Leon picked up a thigh strain on Thursday in training and he’ll be out for between two and three weeks,” Charlton manager Phil Parkinson told the South London Press.

Good job Akpo and Mooney are forming a lethal partnership

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    Akpo has 3 in his last 4 games.
  • This is f*cking ridiculous. He gets more injuries than Darren Anderton and Kieron Dyer put together!
  • The English Cory Gibbs.

Perhaps that is why Parky hasn't played him!!
  • Is McKenzie contract up in the summer?...as much as he hasnt had a chance to show what he can do, we cant afford to be carrying him any longer. Its unfortunate but we arent in a position to do so.

If PP insists on a 4-4-2 then he must play Burton and Sodje. Not much pace but alot of aerial threat. Apparently.

4-5-1 with Burton prefered tho.
  • A gamble that didn't pay off. Hope we don't make the same mistake we did with Todorov and give him another year. Shame as he could have been good at this level.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite] If PP insists on a 4-4-2 then he must play Burton and Sodje. Not much pace but alot of aerial threat. Apparently.

It works for Colchester.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]If PP insists on a 4-4-2 then he must play Burton and Sodje. Not much pace but alot of aerial threat. Apparently.

It works for Colchester.

Yep, we like to lump it like them too.
  • Give Waggy a run out up front. Terrific pace and the boy can finish as well. Anythings worth a try isn't it?
  • No chance of another year. Todorov got one for his decent pre-season/start to the season and more out of respect/sympathy and thinking he would have done enough to get a contract had he had the chance. McKenzie hasn't got going in any sense of the phrase, don't know his wages but with resources so tight, in hindsight a terrible signing for both parties.
  • Good idea. Waggy used to play up front sometimes for the U18's too!
  • Sponsored links:

• "McKenzie out for 3 weeks"

Was he ever 'in' ?
  • Waggy could benefit from playing upfront with someone like Burton. He can feed off Burton and is a decent finisher.

He surely cannot be worse than Mooney/Akpo
  • Burton was the assist for Waggy's first goal against Walsall. Played the ball through to him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]A gamble that didn't pay off.

Now where have i heard that before.........
  • just put the useless soft twat in a cab give the cabby a score tell him to drive in a straight line any direction when the fare is up turf the ponce out. Had enough of these f**kin made of choclate soft c**ts.
  • Was looking back at a programme from a game in January which had an interview with him in, and the alarm bells were ringing loudly when it began with "It's over 11 months since Leon Mckenzie started a game..."

He also said that he'd considered giving up playing after his last achilles injury, and since signing for us in September after being released by Coventry he'd had niggles affecting his hamstring, groin, thigh and knee.

He was obviously never going to be one for the long term, but even by our standards it's been a bit of a disaster.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]just put the useless soft twat in a cab give the cabby a score tell him to drive in a straight line any direction when the fare is up turf the ponce out. Had enough of these f**kin made of choclate soft c**ts.[/quote]

Classic.

Harsh, but fair!

We do pick them.
  • Out for three weeks - can anyone explain how we are supposed to notice this sad loss?

Given his fitness record, it was a huge gamble with money we surely were never in a position to risk.

I'm afraid to say he makes Todorov look like an inspired signing, doesn't he?

I hope we signed him on a 'pay as you play' basis. But I'm sure we didn't.
  • can't be bothered to find the original thread but I said at the time it's a bad signing as he is too injury prone and why no-one is touching him with a bargepole. I was shouted down and told he'll be great, give him a chance etc etc. Oh well. Wages wasted on a risk that could have been much bettered used. If we hadn't bothered with either Mooney or Sodje as well we could got someone half decent instead of three strikers who will score less than ten goals between them all season.
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Give Waggy a run out up front. Terrific pace and the boy can finish as well. Anythings worth a try isn't it?

I suggested that too a couple of months ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even Lloyd Sam up front with Burton would cause defences more problems than Sodje/Mooney. I seem to remember him having a very good game up front in the Prem under Les Reed. However I think that Waggy is a much better finisher than Sam and he isn't afraid to shoot. We need an injection of pace and enthusiasm into the forward line and Waggy would offer us that.
    This team has proved over the past few months that it simply isn't good enough. So let's bring in the fringe players such as Spring, Wagstaff, Shelvey, Sam Sodje, perhaps even Randolf, and freshen things up for a final assault on that second spot.