Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phil Brown relieve of his duties.

BBC Link

Strange, I don't like the man but he did a great job there. I expect them to drop back down the leagues.

Comments

• i wonder if they'll promote one of the backroom staff who was part of getting the team into the crap position they're now in ...... nobody's that stupid are they??
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8567985.stm]BBC Link[/url]

Strange, I don't like the man but he did a great job there. I expect them to drop back down the leagues.[/quote]

Agreed.
  • Gardening leave, should be able to top up his tan.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Gardening leave, should be able to top up his tan.
    Aye - provided he does his gardening far away from Britain :o)
  • i'll take him and he can bring bullard as well if he wants to
  • they can have Parky if they want.............I'll drive him up there myself !
  • I would not object to Brown at The Valley. May be controversial but a well respected coach at Bolton and did an excellent job at Hull. Lets be honest, Hull have hugely overachieved and if they go down, they will not come back for a long time
  • Having to apologise for the bullard barmby punch up on the humber bridge as the local WI marched passed was very very funny... football gold, as was bullards reinactment for the telling off on the pitch, either shows they can have a laugh with the gaffer or show disrespect.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Curbs?
    That's what the Hull Daily Mail are saying...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Curbs?

They need a manager who can work miracles in the last few games of the season.
    Curbs must be desperate for a job by now - even in that godforsaken neck of the woods.
    Makes a lot of sense to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Curbs?

They need a manager who can work miracles in the last few games of the season.
    Curbs must be desperate for a job by now - even in that godforsaken neck of the woods.
    Makes a lot of sense to me.

given Curbs track record in the "last few games of the season" I woudl be a very worried Hull fan - (97/98 notwithstanding)
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]They need a manager who can work miracles in the last few games of the season.

Don't we all!!
  • And keeping west ham up?? Even with an illegal tevez... he never took us down or west ham..
  • He was usually only rubbish in our last few games once we were safe. As Adam says, he did it at Wham. but had a few more games there. Won't be easy if he takes it, but at least they'd be in a strong position to bounce back next year with him in charge.
  • Did someone say Phil Brown to Charlton, LOL.

Curbs will be the next West Ham manager
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Did someone say Phil Brown to Charlton, LOL.

Curbs will be the next West Ham manager

only with Bullard, thats the deal...also included in that package is golfaddick driving parky to Hull with several (so called) players aswell
  • Curbs won't be Hull manager.

Been reported about the dodgy dealings Hull's ex chairman has been doing and they basically don't have a penny to spend.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]they basically don't have a penny to spend.

sounds like parkys nailed on for the job then
  • They will go for someone like paul jewell or megson, if they had ambition then someone like maclaren done really well in holland and is from up that why kind of. Sulivan and gold would love curbs but I think they wouldn't risk the fans back lash, if they wanted parky we could chuck him in the back of the 3 wheeler and let del and rodders drive him up there they know the way to hull and back.
  • Sponsored links:

• McLaren has Hull links I think, did he play for them?

He did say in the paper though he cannot see himself managing in england anytime soon.
  • So why sack him now!.....
    Last gasp panic to me.... Brown was not the best manager, but good enough for Hull, who are they gonna get in Ferguson Snr!.......

The state of clubs these days, guys you aint good enough, you got no money, and you are going down so get used to it!
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]And keeping west ham up?? Even with an illegal tevez... he never took us down or west ham..
    Yes he did.

Phil Brown managed to keep Hull City up in their first season. Ipso facto, Phil Brown is a better manager.

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]So why sack him now!.....
    Last gasp panic to me.... Brown was not the best manager, but good enough for Hull, who are they gonna get in Ferguson Snr!.......

The state of clubs these days, guys you aint good enough, you got no money, and you are going down so get used to it!

Yes, imagine such a knee jerk reaction. It'd be like us sacking our manager with ten games to go. We also ain't good enough and have no money.

Oh, nearly forgot - we're not going down, though.
  • He's not been sacked, just put on 'gardening leave' lots of rumours flying around up in Hull about him being permanently 'tired and emotional'.
  • Guy who works for me is a Hull fan and his father is head of security. Brown was told before the game what the board were going too and it was going to be confirmed on Monday to the media. The replacement until the end of the season is going to be Alan Curbishley in which will be reviewed at the end of the season depending on which league they will be in and budgets
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Guy who works for me is a Hull fan and his father is head of security. Brown was told before the game what the board were going too and it was going to be confirmed on Monday to the media. The replacement until the end of the season is going to be Alan Curbishley in which will be reviewed at the end of the season depending on which league they will be in and budgets
    If Curbs ends up as Hull manager I will eat my trousers as well as my hat
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Guy who works for me is a Hull fan and his father is head of security. Brown was told before the game what the board were going too and it was going to be confirmed on Monday to the media. The replacement until the end of the season is going to be Alan Curbishley in which will be reviewed at the end of the season depending on which league they will be in and budgets
    Love it. Next time I want to know about downsizing or headcount reduction I won't bother asking HR. I'll just have a quick word in Jide's ear (he runs the security at my office so he's bound to know)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Guy who works for me is a Hull fan and his father is head of security. Brown was told before the game what the board were going too and it was going to be confirmed on Monday to the media. The replacement until the end of the season is going to be Alan Curbishley in which will be reviewed at the end of the season depending on which league they will be in and budgets
    Love it. Next time I want to know about downsizing or headcount reduction I won't bother asking HR. I'll just have a quick word in Jide's ear (he runs the security at my office so he's bound to know)

This sounds as though it could be feasible to me.

A short term appointment 'Oop North' which Curbs can just about live with. If he saves them he is very much back on the map to get jobs he actually wants. If he doesn't save them well it's all Brown's fault (Phil not Gordon:-) )
  • Curbs been ruled out by hull chairman