Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

putting things in perpective

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
that wasn't the worst we've played all season - the Northwich game was worse, given the opposition etc etc

what really p***ses my off though, is that we had contained them for 40 mins, quieted their fans down and had looked (just about) the better side.

In the second half Millwall did to use what we should have done to Stockport the week before - got on top & then kept going...........it could have been 5 or 6 by the end.

BTW - Morison has now scored 4 against us this season - I wonder where they got him from..................ah, non league !

Comments

• Swindon got Austin from non league
    Leeds got Beckford from non league
    Morison from non league

We got...... Dickson
  • precisely, we've hardly ever played him.......certainly not from the start.
  • They paid £250k for a player playing just two leagues below. We got Dopey on a free from Dulwich Hamlet!
  • Morison only cost us £130k, maybe going up to £180/200k on appearances, etc.

I say "only cost us"......the players had to go without toast at the training ground for two months for us to be able to afford that!
  • My bad, thought i read somewhere he cost 250k. Still, alot more than Dickson....and probably one of the signings of the season.
  • It's all about finding the right players from non-league to sign, not just signing them as a gamble because they scored 30 goals in a season. Whenever I've seen Dickson I've never thought he's looked capable of developing and improving his game significantly. He looks like he'll be no better as an all round player at 28/29 than when he was 22/23.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Swindon got Austin from non league
    Leeds got Beckford from non league
    Morison from non league

We got...... Dickson

And Fleetwood............;-)
  • And Dorian
  • Haven't Norwich got someone from Dartford ?
  • edited March 2010
    Cody McDonald, we were linked with him before he went there. He was the player they put on in the first half against us I think, when we beat them to take them down with us. Gunn was hoping for a miracle, they really were awful that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    Cody McDonald

Edit: typing before Scohams comment
  • Yeah Cody McDonald, very quick and did ok when Holt was suspended but never been a regular and probably behind Holt, Martin, Stephen Elliot and Oli Johnson in pecking order.