Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eight more wins should do it

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
I think eight more wins will gain us promotion, and one must be leeds.Sounds easy to me.

Comments

• Less than 8 wins would probably do it, as Leeds are all over the shop. That's what makes it so frustrating that we're so poor
  • going home yesterday someone askd me when out next win was going to be,

I answered................August !
  • Norwich and Leeds will stick at least 10 past this current team between them.
  • Imo, we have a tricky run in... Can't see us finishing higher than 3rd now : (
  • Well four wins against Gillingham, Exeter, Carlisle and Oldham are musts then. It's not going to be easy at all.

We'd need a further 4 wins from:
    Norwich, Leeds, Colchester (H)
    Huddersfield, MK Dons, Southampton (A)

Not looking too good for automatics any more I have to say. But it's still far from impossible.
  • To win matches in this league the players need to want it and show character.

Yesterday would suggest that our players neither want it nor have character.

Prepare for at least another season of league 1. Maybe more than one if the Club isn't relegated to league 2 or wound up first.
  • edited March 2010
    If we can turn over Leeds then perhaps we can sacrifice one of those eight wins for a draw but that's pushing it. The other way to look at things is still 5 points behind Leeds with them still to come to Valley, it's not done yet.
  • Norwich will nearly be up by the time we play them, especially if they beat Leeds and Swindon in their next two.

Leeds and Huddersfield will inevitably pick up by the time we play them and lets be honest we are not guaranteed to beat anyone.

I struggle to see us winning 8!
  • we'll finish 5th or 6th and lose to Millwall in the play-off's imo.
  • unless some crazy turn in form, we have zero chance of getting 8 wins....

I give us an 80 percent chance of kicking off next season in League one....

and at the beginnning of the season I would have bitten your hand off for 20% of going up, so by all accounts...
  • Sponsored links:

• I assumed this was a Millwall post from the title. Eight more Charlton wins? I think we can manage that. By Christmas.
  • edited March 2010
    This post reminds me of last year. "If we win all our games we can still get out of it" etc.

Bar some amazing turn around in the teams attitude, the best I'm hoping for is the play-offs where we'll meet some team with less desire for promotion than us. If such a team exists.
  • we've still got to worry about southend not paying their tax bill
  • mmmm smell the coffee ...with the team we have and the lack of backbone , balls etc i will be well chuffed if we make the playoffs.and not at all surprised if we slowly slip away from play offs.........we do struggle to pick our game up for the big games and with all the games to come being all big games plus the playoffs can you honestly
    see the team we saw play saturday being up for the big games..............cant see it myself
  • Win our last six games and we are almost certain to go up automatically. Leeds would need to win all their other five matches and Swindon/Millwall have to probably win all six of theirs including the last game of the season against each other (although a draw in that fixture could mean Swindon pipping us on goal difference.)

Just one word of advice though Parky - make sure you tell the boys to take it one match at a time. All the great Managers do that.