Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why does parky like mooney so much?

And before someone suggests his movement is good... it's NOT, it takes him out of position and out of the danger area

Comments

• god knows

Leon needs a chance
  • Gutless tosser
  • my movement on the dancefloor is good. still never f*cking pull cos of it!!
  • Got a great touch though! Sodje was a thousand times worse than Mooney today. And that's saying something.
  • yes wonderful touch,real wonderful
  • In the last 2 months I have still yet to figure out what the hell Mooney's job is on the pitch.

He can't shoot, he doesn't create, he can't win headers, he can't tackle
  • he must be slipping parky a huge length to still be getting picked for the 1st team. 2 other observations, he still hasn't worked out the offside rule and he keeps on handling the ball. Brilliant.
  • Really don't understand how McKenzie is so far down the pecking order below the likes of Mooney
  • Ask northstandsteve, he seems to be getting everything right at the momen it seems and he liked Mooney and said we were all wrong to doubt him.

Over to you Steve......

;-)
  • I don't like Mooney at all really but some of his touches today were great and Akpo had by far the worst game, he truely does have the touch of a rapist. After he ran himself into the ground against Swindon when we had 9 men I really liked him but it seems that he's decided to abandon that approach and only play and jump for the ball when he feels like it. McKenzie does need to be given some time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Mooney and Sodje are both a pile of shite. Simple as that!!!
  • he thinks mooney is good because he is totaly shit at his job
  • Akpo is much much worse. They both let the midfield down today. We desperately need some pace upfront.
  • Akpo is awful. surely McKenzie must deserve a start! He has played and scored in the Prem, Akpo looks like an average league 2 player
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Akpo looks like an average league 2 player[/quote]

I've seen better strikers play for Dulwich Hamlet
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]In the last 2 months I have still yet to figure out what the hell Mooney's job is on the pitch.

He can't shoot, he doesn't create, he can't win headers, he can't tackle[/quote]

Credit where it is due, I think he is excellent at falling over.
  • Is the strikeforce that started today the worst in the whole division? Its gotta be close
  • Why Parky chose to start with Mooney over Burton was ridiculous.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Is the strikeforce that started today the worst in the whole division? Its gotta be close

without a doubt. If we end up signing either of those two permanently I'll dispair. Sodje was worse than Mooney today in my opinion but that doesn't say a lot. MacKenzie must be really really unfit or nearly dead not to have had a start yet. We won't go up because we don't score enough goals. Simples. Stop worrying about 'ooh, I need another left back' or 'ooh I need a left sided midfielder who I'll then not play or play out of position on the right' and put all the wages on offer into getting a decent striker on loan instead. Goals win games, and we don't score enough of them.
  • The strikers get a better chance to score if the other players get the ball to them. By playing football.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]The strikers get a better chance to score if the other players get the ball to them. By playing football.[/quote]

The other players get a better chance to get the ball to the strikers if the strikers move well and hold the ball up well, playing the midfield into the game.
  • Mooney is to parky what Varney was to Pardew
  • He is dire.
  • Mooney is shit, absolute shit. Nobody can stick up for him after that gutless show.

He is a weed with a kit on, how anyone can think he'll make a footballer I don't know!
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Mooney is to parky what Varney was to Pardew

Spot on and Leon = the new Moo2?
  • The difference is that Leon was his signing and presumably fits in much better in the current pay structure.

Given his injury record, perhaps there's an an element of 'pay as you play' to his wages and that's a factor?
    Otherwise - and unless he really is unfit - it's very strange that he is yet to be given a chance.
  • edited March 2010
    Parky is in a no win situation with the strikers. He bought McKenzie who may or may not be fit or, as All Left Foot suggests, on a pay as you play deal. However he is paying wages for two loan strikers in Akpo and Mooney. What is Mr Murray likely to say if he is having to pay wages to players of other clubs for nothing?

He is likely to give Parky untold flak. That is why the loanees play even when performing indifferently. There are enough doubts over the fitness of Mc Kenzie to justify leaving him out.

I'm not saying I agree with this (probable) Parky logic but I can sort of understand it from his perspective.
  • love child.
  • in 5 years mooney wont be a pro footballer, he'll slip down the leagues as he is found out by his next manager
  • Tear up the loan deal and send him back. I'd rather we played Tuna than that f*cking waste of space.