Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parky says sorry to fans after Millwall debacle

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/5060517.Parky_says_sorry_to_fans_after_Millwall_debacle/

Comments

• And yet we still put up with the clown! Texts messages galore on my phone and I'm too embarrassed to reply. Thank you Parkinson.
  • Nobody is hurting more that him??

fuck off you prick. Don't say that shit to someone like me that has to put up with weeks, month and years of grief cos of this.

I am not going out tonight because of your shit teams performance.

Hope to fuck you dont come near me and say that shit.

wanker
  • Parkinson admitted: “It was by far the worst performance of the season.
    Blimey that is saying something.... FA cup game comes to mind for one, how many poor performances are the players allowed in one season.....
    Better be careful people get the hump if you dare criticise the team on here........
  • You lot are hard hearted. He said sorry.
  • oh and my fucking knuckles are now cut to bits as well.
  • Dont say sorry have the balls to explain why you chose the players and the system you did. Explain why you left certain players out, just let us know there were reasons for you f**king it up so much. Did you want people you thought could fight? Well they let you down, why didn't you stick to a winning team or go back to one that worked so well at the start of the season. You changed so much and are accountable for those changes. Please have the balls to let us poor suffering fans know there was a method in your madness and you didn't just pick the team out of a hat.
  • Hes lost the support.

Time's up.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Hes lost the support.

Time's up.
    In may I think it will be. Not now.

And he's never had the support.
  • edited March 2010
    Come on guys. Saying sorry is the only thing he got right this week, so give him credit for that.

Do agree that the 'nobody's hurting more than me' line was regretable, though. If there is one football cliche I'd ban it's managers saying that. Worse than 'game of two halves'.

We were supporting Charlton when you were telling Hull fans after yet another defeat that nobody was hurting more than you, Mr P. And we will still be supporting Charlton when you have moved on to Darlington or Lincoln, or wherever you end up...
  • why didn't you play 4-5-1 today Parky ? Hostile environment and up against an aggressive midfield.....
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair I don't think he means the same kind of 'hurting'

Supporters hurt due to their pride and love of their club.

Managers hurt because their professional reputation is at stake.

They hurt in different immeasurable ways.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]To be fair I don't think he means the same kind of 'hurting'

Not the point. Parkinson was the one who made the comparison between the fans' pain (which he said he understood) and his own hurt (which he said was greater).

In my opinion, it was a crass and insensitive comparison , although I am glad he had the guts to say 'sorry'.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Come on guys. Saying sorry is the only thing he got right this week, so give him credit for that.

Do agree that the 'nobody's hurting more than me' line was regretable, though. If there is one football cliche I'd ban it's managers saying that. Worse than 'game of two halves'.

We were supporting Charlton when you were telling Hull fans after yet another defeat that nobody was hurting more than you, Mr P. And we will still be supporting Charlton when you have moved on to Darlington or Lincoln, or wherever you end up...

I was supporting Charlton before he was bloody well born. **** I hate losing to the spanners at any time, and it's happened a lot over the years, including my wedding day, but it was the manner of this defeat that gets to me. I said to my lad after last week's pile of crap that we'd get hammered today. **** it, I can't even enjoy being right for once.
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]To be fair I don't think he means the same kind of 'hurting'

In my opinion, it was a crass and insensitive comparison

Fair point.
  • he's a dead man walking after that shambles....irrespective of what happens between now and the rest of the season.
  • exactly
  • Don't give a **** about next week's result. This was the one that mattered
    and as team we have not got the desire to win the important games, so play offs
    willl be an embarresment.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]he's a dead man walking after that shambles....irrespective of what happens between now and the rest of the season.

Problem is that the rest of the season is now going to be a bit of an anti-climax, until the play-offs.

It's odds-on we're not going up automatically, so all we need to do is stay ahead of Huddersfield in seventh, currently eight points behind us.

We've got a chance in the play-offs against anyone - but Millwall.

If we end up playing them again, their fans will be singing ''eight goals went past Robbie, went past Robbie Elliot'' before the game even starts...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Hes lost the support.

Time's up.[/quote]
    In may I think it will be. Not now.

And he's never had the support.[/quote]

My point being that we will support the team from 3pm, as it stands now who wants to waste their life going next week?

Worst set of players Ive ever seen.

Mooney wouldnt survive in the Conference.
  • imagine that was the first leg of the play offs and we lost 4-0.....how many would bother going to the home leg........I know I wouldn't!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• today showed the play offs are irrelavant ,we haven't the bollocks
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]imagine that was the first leg of the play offs and we lost 4-0.....how many would bother going to the home leg........I know I wouldn't!!!

Oh and Parky and his players if they bother to turn up.

Just hoping for some sort of lift or improvement next week, and that's not much to ask ffs..
  • derby game lost,win saturday versus a bottom of the table team,dont dare pass it off as making up for this saturday,up or not this season untill we get revenge over them this game will ring in my ears
  • The sad thing is that is not even close to the worst performance we have put in this season IMO. Just the first time we have been truly punished for being wank.
  • I think I'd rather end up 7th and missing out on the play-offs if it meant having to play them home & away again.

8 goals they have scored against us - some of those with only 10 men !

We havn't the bottle for a fight and Parky must go..........NOW