Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Head in Sand - I'm not letting the result get me down thread

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Just thought I'd offer an alternative to the bloodbath that will be appearing on other threads.

I couldn't go today, I had already written off the game. Yes I've seen us beat Millwall a few times but I had little doubt that they would be much more up for it that we would.

With all the injuries down the left side, I wondered what Parky would do. I didn't reckon on him playing Reid on the right!

Still its just one game, we are still third and still five points away from Leeds. It's still all to play for.

Comments

• I just don't think this group of players have the mettle to get us thru this....I hope I am worng and we can turn it around the next weeks with some important home games.....
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]It's still all to play for.
    It is and like you I didn't think we'd get anything from today.

I'm not sure there was a right way to set us up on the left. Whatever combination we had probably wouldn't have changed the result.

Ten games left now, lets see how we react next week. Might be just what they needed, or might completely ruin confidence and we end up missing out on the play-offs.
  • Agree, massive game next Sarurday now, we need to bounce back and attack the last 10 games. Today was dreadful and hopefully we get it out the system and come back stronger.
  • And there is absolutely no reason why this can't happen.
  • With Leeds losing, I guess it's more an opportunity missed rather than a nail in the coffin of our bid for second place. Crap though we are, I expect us to win on Saturday and then if Leeds lose to Millwall promotion is back in our own hands. Leeds keep handing us giftwrapped opportunities, and hopefully in the course of the next 10 games we'll get a bit lucky and capitalise on a couple of them.

That's the positive spin. In truth, I am absolutely gutted at todays result :-(
  • Yes it was a disaster, disgrace, debacle etc but it is by no means the end of the road. To many more like that and it will be!! But I fancy a response to today and think they will realise that come 3.Oclock next saturday.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]threads.

I couldn't go todayquote]

Unfortunatley thats the key point bing. If you had you may think differently.

First half both teams were poor and devoid of creativity and we were unlucky i suppose to concede late.

Second half we just folded like a newspaper and it was horrendous to watch at times.

No idea and certainly no motivation on the pitch or from the touchline.

We may be 3rd but we have not got the nerve to win the playoffs.

Today was a complete embarrassment and for umpteenth time parkinson is not the man.
  • To be fair it is all too easy for those of us who missed the game to be rational.

Had I gone and, as it appears, watched a spineless display combined with being treated like a common criminal or caged animal I'm pretty sure I'd be feeling distinctly pi**** off so cannot blame anybody venting their spleen on here tonight.
  • Phew, glad I didn't get a spare now, although I would have been able to open the gates as I have a london fire brigade padlock key which the gates would have been locked with, I said in the prediction\pre match section we wouldn't have the bottle and fold like a pack of cards and we did, still, going on Saturday so must see a massive improvement or were bang in trouble, as said on other threads why change a winning team? Went to the offy and passed some pissed up millwall singing loudly, there were so munted they didn't even see I was wearing my cafc coat. Charlton till I die for me, wether premiere league or kent screwfix nowt will change that.
  • I'm working on the principle that this result is irrelevant. The one when we meet them in the Play-offs is the one that'll count.
  • Sponsored links:

• behave.nobody wants them in play offs with our cowards
  • RCT, I accept that if I had gone, I would probably have made straight for Blackfriars Bridge and be under it, swinging gently in the breeze! As it is I am not so scarred and can at least allow myself to think that we are still in decent shape - league wise.

What does worry me is that at the business end of the season, our performances are just not at all convincing. Today, frankly I would probably put a chunk of it down to an unfamilar team line up with players out of position against a team that is bang in form. The bigger question for me is why our players are not bang in form?
  • Sorry bing, without being rude but you weren't there today, and you don't live local now, so I don't expect you to feel the desolute inferior way that a lot of us will have to put up with for a long time.

They are backed by a hoard of monkey chanting scum, yet get to lord all over us every effing time. Its not right.
  • thats how i feel,and personally dont like being patronised with this another derby next week crap,yes i want 3 points but the moment for joy in its purist form was today.
  • Bing the bigger question for me is why we the twat in charge hours after that ?
  • Really disappointed with today but need to keep things in context. Us supporters are a fickle breed and respond to a defeat, albeit a really really bad one, like its the end of the world. Look PP might not be the Managerial collusus that we want but he is the Man that we do have and we better get behind him and the Team. Personally I trust the guy and nothing about today is gonna change that.
    If we start booing the Team next week that will just make things worse, some of the Players visibly wilt hen that happens.
    The fact is that when I renewed my ST this sason I had no idea what I was going to get.....3rd at this stage of the Season is perhaps better than I had thought................
    Next week we win and some others drop points you watch this board change like the wind.......
    Come on you Addicks.....and that all of us not just the Players
  • why are we starting the booing shit again ? did this shit get booed today ?
  • The only hope we have is that the result will have the same effect us thrashing West Ham had on them, which galvanised them, leading to them staying up. Remember before that game Tevez was awful, and then became pivotal in keeping them up. Now is the time for Mooney/Sodje to do the same.

Or have I been on the liquid stuff too much, and asking for too much?
  • Agree with Milne. Would have hurt like hell to have lost like this at ANY away ground but because it's Millwall, it seems magnified a million times. It truly was a nightmare experience today both inside & outside the ground and although I hate to let the b****s best me, one I may resist the temptation to repeat.

This time next week, we'll hopefully have another 3 points to our name and today's pain will have dissipated somewhat . We've enjoyed our days in the sun and will do again , believe me. And remember, we are still a well respected Club with values - something Millwall will never be able to say. What goes around, comes around ?
  • Sponsored links:

• the team weren;t booed today.........just bottled !! ie, fans threw bottles at them
  • you sure?
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Just thought I'd offer an alternative to the bloodbath that will be appearing on other threads.

I couldn't go today, I had already written off the game. Yes I've seen us beat Millwall a few times but I had little doubt that they would be much more up for it that we would.

With all the injuries down the left side, I wondered what Parky would do. I didn't reckon on him playing Reid on the right!

Still its just one game, we are still third and still five points away from Leeds. It's still all to play for.

You should have stopped when you said you did not go today
  • I couldn't go and I'm glad tbh.
    I didn't expect anything but sounds like a shocking performance. Really hope the players respond to this in the right way next week.
    I feel for those that went but realistically we didn't lose any ground on Leeds. Col u slipped up again and nobody seems to want 2nd place.
    Hopefully we can avoid the booing next week and start with a clean slate and a team with a collective rocket up their arses

COYR
  • You're at it again AFKA. Monkey chanting scum? When? To who?

Come and tell me (being non white) that today was full of racist chanting. Tell my mate from Peckham, who just so happens to be black, about all the racist chanting you heard. He never mentioned a thing. Spent the game with him and 2 hours after. Not one mention.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Just thought I'd offer an alternative to the bloodbath that will be appearing on other threads.

You should have stopped when you said you did not go today

I think the clue was in the thread title!