Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parkinson Out?

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Does anybody see that Parky literally cannot go as we will not have any money to attract another manager?

I mean seriously... we lose to Millwall (who have been in brilliant form at home) and the chants begin again?

The players know how to play football surely? they must then be massively part of blame

Comments

• What's wrong with Burton exactly?

Parkinson has no MONEY! HOW CAN HE BE EXPECTED TO BRING IN CLASS PLAYERS WITH NO MONEY??????
  • agree with both comments mooney shocking burton shocking why not give mckenzie a chance surely he cant do any worse all the other forwards aint worth a w???

you watch he will play 4-5-1 v gills and bring back jonjo behind sodje

why dont he go back for vokes at wolves get him on loan we need a cf badly
  • They were there for the taking first half. The crowd were quiet & the wall were apprehensive & poor But we were light weight & never looked like scoring. They scored & we folded, as i'm sorry to say, i knew we would. I have never left early but i have my reasons. Cant face being beat by them. Parky. I hurt. Big time.
  • He's our top scorer? Your picking holes in the wrong area! Come to me with a reasoned and thought out argument as to who we can afford for both manager and players and we will talk then!
  • were not very good, we are haemorraging money ... its a very bad situation, its going to take some real characters, some real people, and management to stop the rot, and to get this club back to a sustainable level again....

or a shed load of money, however I dont think anyone will invest unless we were one step from the prem.... so we are likely to need to find some people who understand this club, and understand what a monumnetla effort it is going to take to even get us out of this league, Leeds been here for a while, sheff weds were here for a while, and the difference is is that because we were in the prem for so long, we had massive wages and actually I cant be bothered to rehash it all.....

bad times....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What's wrong with Burton exactly?

Parkinson has no MONEY! HOW CAN HE BE EXPECTED TO BRING IN CLASS PLAYERS WITH NO MONEY??????[/quote

Exactely,you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear,our team,bar Bailey and Racon,cost NOTHING and its starting to show. We have not played well since Christmas if we are honest have we? I dont know what the answer is,wholesale change? Parky out? I dont think so,we havent got a pot to piss in. Think it is time to bring Shelvey and McKenzie into the side though,they could give a kick up the arse to some. Yes,if you know any scumwall fans you are going to get a fair bit of stick in the coming days but as much as it will pain you,you will have to hold your hands up and say we were beaten by the better side and fair play to them in my book. The players have got to put it behind them and get a result next week,I think they owe that to the travelling 3000 who witnessed our capitulation today.
  • Daz. You can argue about what we can & cant afford all day. But when we have players who are better but come out with the wrong mind set. Who dont get stuck in when needed, people are going to point a finger. I dont think its just down to Parky but he'll get the blame.
  • Yeah I accept he is partially to blame but people seem to put 100% blame on him and thats unfair!
  • I agree Daz but being the manager the buck seems to stop there. Not sure i'm happy with his team selection today but there maybe reasons for it. I feel crap. As i'm sure do many.
  • I feel sorry for Parky as he seems a decent bloke but I feel we really need a dynamic and pasionate manager. Parky has been associated with the calamitous fall from grace the last 3-4 years and maybe its everyone needs a fresh break. I could only see one manager with a passion for the club coming in here and turning things around but that will never happen.....
  • Sponsored links:

• For me it's not about whether Parky has money to spend or not. Not many teams at this level do have money to spend, and if Parky has anything as a manager, it's the ability to find players. My issue with him has always been his tactics. He just doesn't have a clue.

As for who we could get instead.....well, with the large number of out of work managers/coaches around, compared to the small number of jobs around, perhaps the salary for a football manager is artificially high? There MUST be somebody around who has more tactical nous than Parky, surely??!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: HarryHutchens[/cite]For me it's not about whether Parky has money to spend or not. Not many teams at this level do have money to spend, and if Parky has anything as a manager, it's the ability to find players. My issue with him has always been his tactics. He just doesn't have a clue.

As for who we could get instead.....well, with the large number of out of work managers/coaches around, compared to the small number of jobs around, perhaps the salary for a football manager is artificially high? There MUST be somebody around who has more tactical nous than Parky, surely??![/quote]

Spot on.
  • [cite]Posted By: HarryHutchens[/cite]There MUST be somebody around who has more tactical nous than Parky, surely??!
    But then would he have that ability to find players? Like we can't sign good all round players, we're not going to find a good all round manager.

There's surely a reason these managers are out of work...
  • Has to go

Wont go

Joke club.
  • I think he should go at end of season when we don't go up.

Out of interest who should replace Parky?
  • I believe that parkie has potential to be a good maanger but needs some support and guidance, something that does not tend to happen in Football. I would love Curbs to take a role behind the scenes,maybe even unknown to the fans, just to support him, whilst he is looking for a job.
  • Parky is not an inexperienced manager, he showed potential at Colchester but since then has failed. Rather like Lloyd Sam, he is no longer one for the future, now is the time to deliver on a consistent basis and I have no confidence than he ever will.
  • Cant make excuses for Parky anymore in my opinion. Tactics are as big a problem as the ability of some of the players imo. Time to go.
  • Kap10 I'll give you some fkin guidance.

He signed Mooney & Sodje.

Worst front 2 in our history ever.

He dresses like a schoolboy and hes signed the same.
  • It would be absolute suicide to get rid of a manager with just 10 games to go. People just have to accept he's going to be here for at least the next 2 months. All you can do now is get behind the team and pray we can pull something off! Calling for his head at this point is pointless and ultimatley detremental to the cause.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know its cluching at straws but when Parky got Colchester up they won 5 of their last 6 games. I personally see no reason why we shouldn`t go back to playing 4-5-1 with shelvey back in the side like he was at the start of the season. McKenzie, Akpo and Mooney are all useless, at least Jonjo has potential.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I think he should go at end of season when we don't go up.

This is obviously a leading question.

Gus Poyet.
  • no one ------------ put no one in charge. Much the same as the last two seasons.

I would rather have an empty space geting paid nothing then an empty space geting paid .
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]They were there for the taking first half. The crowd were quiet & the wall were apprehensive & poor

spot on
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What's wrong with Burton exactly?

Parkinson has no MONEY! HOW CAN HE BE EXPECTED TO BRING IN CLASS PLAYERS WITH NO MONEY??????

why start this thread in the first place then you idiot. why on earth? cant quote your first post along with the second.
  • B calm down just think about the medic ;-)
  • oh steve...... just been telling my pals about him... dont worry love ill patch you up if you get hurt.

someone hurt me! hahhah

[good job tav is fast asleep and wont see this]
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I think he should go at end of season when we don't go up.

This is obviously a leading question.

Gus Poyet.
    No thanks. Only takes half a bad season at a bigger club, and he'll be seen as a poor manager. Much like Parky after he failed at Hull. At Colchester he was seen as a promising young manager.