Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's going on with the seasons/weather

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
Out in the garden today, tidying up for a bit of a do, and suddenly a bumble bee appears. Poor little beggar has presumably woken up and thought 'Ah, flower power time'. But there aren't any, not round here anyway! No daffs yet, no crocuses or snowdrops even, no sign of early blossom anywhere and the grass is dry and yellowy even after all that rain. Is anything happening elsewhere?

Comments

• Options
    Just got back from my allotment and a bee was moving around on the floor in my shed,must have woken it up when i sat down to have my cup of tea.
    Got an email from my friend last night telling me it's snowing where he is in japan.
  • Options
    the heavens just opened in SE9, tipping it down.
  • Options
    The end is nigh people

we're doomed
  • Options
    It was snowing in Hythe this morning when I left, been a long hard winter.
  • Options
    I think we've become accustomed to the mild winters we've been having for that past 10 years or so. Personally, having just had a winter that was just like a normal winter, I hope we get a summer that's just like a normal summer. That last time we had a really decent summer it was a World cup year :-)
  • Options
    I just went into my garden shed .......and this Peacock butterfly was fluttering about inside.

So I've called him Keith.
  • Options
    This thread is as funny as the train thread. What if a Millwall fan reads this as well?

Actually talking of flowers I've got to miss the Play-off Final if we're in it because I've got some beauties that are due to bloom in the last week-end of May and they'll need some real TLC at this delicate moment.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's not meant to be funny! C.L, as has been said before, is a sounding board for any subject that may be of interest to other members and to gather views and opinions accordingly. If a member isn't interested in the subject, having read the subject title and perhaps the opening post they can push a button and return to something that does interest them, IMO that's what makes CL unique. Personally I don't give a flying feck if a Millwall fan reads it, if they do read some of our stuff perhaps they'll actually learn something, doubtful though that may be! By posting what I did I was hoping to ascertain whether what is happening (or rather not happening) in North East Surrey is being repeated elsewhere or is just in this area. O.K so people have their minds on other things at the moment and it's not a good time to ask but I have and it's simply up to others whether they post or not.

Puts toys back into pram!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]It was snowing in Hythe this morning when I left, been a long hard winter.

It was f**king cold
  • Options
    Blossoms came out here in Vancouver almost a month ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vancouver is the same as UK, no defined seasons.
  • Options
    Heavy snow in majorca earlier this week! crazy times.
  • Options
    Maybe it'll snow at the Toolbox . . .
  • Options
    It's probably nothing to do with seasonal adjustment. This bee is just the equivalent of the pricks that leap out of their seat and start collecting their belongings the second a plane comes to a halt. Except he'll die for it. A shame that this harsh lesson for being tadger doesn't apply to humans, IMO