Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Email from CAFC

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
My leg just vibrated as an email came through on my iPhone.
Nothing strange there.
This one was from Charlton Athletic, letting me know about Leeds/ Norwich tickets.
Never had this service before.
What's up?

Comments

• glad to hear it, obviously want to get a large crowd in for 2 important matches
  • As a season ticket holder surely the club would expect me to be there anyway- unless they are hoping for some Stuwall type activity.
    Seems a little pointless.
  • [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]My leg just vibrated as an email came through on my iPhone.
    Nothing strange there.

But that was nothing to do with your phone.

You were looking at "Would Ya" threads again, right?

;o)
  • It was the Millwall special.
    Phwoaaaar.
  • Ive just had the email.......4 times in 5 minutes
  • Sounds like the email marketing system is working.

When do the Leeds tickets go on sale?
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]glad to hear it, obviously want to get a large crowd in for 2 important matches

.........which could go horribly wrong as we watch two teams win promotion at the Valley!
  • edited March 2010
    yeah thats a thought. well, you gotta stay positive I suppose, at least until we can judge them on tomorrows performance which will give us an idea of guts and determination
  • Have to laugh about "whats up/seems a little pointless"

Included in the email I just got is an explanation of the new communication tool the club are using from Ketman's uncle Rick

Addicks launch new communication tool
    The email you are reading is the first of its kind sent out by Charlton, but the format is likely to become familiar over the coming months.

A decade after launching the text-based Bulletin, bringing daily news from The Valley to tens of thousands of Addicks fans, the club is now able to contact selected groups of supporters with image-led, interactive, structured messages.

This email has been sent to all 33,000 addresses held on Charlton’s main ticket database, but bulk mailings of this kind are unlikely to be sent out more than once a month.

The daily Bulletin, substantially made up of news about the club and its personalities, is set to move across to the new system in the next ten days. Fans who do not wish to receive these daily emails are able to opt out of the Bulletin by clicking on the unsubscribe tab at the top of the main page.

More commercial messages, including ticket news and special offers, will be sent much less often, unless you choose to opt out of these as well. But mostly these will only be sent to specific groups of supporters to whom they are likely to be relevant.

For example, we might write to everyone who has bought a Gillingham ticket with details of the next match, against Colchester United, but not send that email to season-ticket holders. Or we may want to communicate with potential Valley Express passengers, in which case we won’t send the email to people who live outside of the areas covered by the coach services.

What we are very clear about is that we mustn’t deluge you with unnecessary commercial messages, just because we can. And of course there will be some people who no longer wish to receive any communications from us for whatever reason and they have the facility to opt out altogether, although we obviously hope they will be few in number.

You can use the new system to check and update the personal information that we hold on you, using the “update details” tab, and we hope you will. We are also writing by post to people for whom we do not hold email addresses, in the hope that some of them will join us online.

The new-look Bulletin will be on its way soon. Until then, thank you for your continuing support.

Rick Everitt

Head of Club Development

CAFC
  • As you can now tell, I didn't actually READ it before passing judgement.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]As you can now tell, I didn't actually READ it before passing judgement.

LOL, good on you for saying that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Ive just had the email.......4 times in 5 minutes

I've looked at this and three of those will be because the same email address appears against three different people in the database. We haven't catered for people sharing an email address and I'm not sure we can, although we can personalise the emails. I'm guessing if you got four that you might have another email address in another name.

You can see the information in each case by opening the "update details" tab.
  • Got mine -thinks its a great idea
  • Worked on me- just bought a signed shirt
  • How do I unsubscribe?
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]How do I unsubscribe?

You can checkout any time you like,
    But you can never leave!
  • I haven't received an email yet despite being a season ticket holder. I did receive an email titled

Club Offer Find out in 30 secs how much you could claim I thought it was the club offering to compensate me for the team's substandard performances against Brighton and Orient but is was a scam about bank charges.
  • Thanks Rick, that would explain it, I had put it Down to having more than 1 con number