Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parkinson backs Addicks to thrive at hostile Den

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/5056591.Parkinson_backs_Addicks_to_thrive_at_hostile_Den/

Comments

• Have we the mental strength to survive in a seething cauldron of fat, bald criminals baying for blood?
  • It's Thursday!!
  • hardly that inspiring.
  • I think we've got players that'll try their best, but personally I'm not sure how many big game players we actually have.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Have we the mental strength to survive in a seething cauldron of fat, bald criminals baying for blood?

Most of whom will be attending their first game since the play off final last season.
  • How many Millwall players have the mental strength? How many big game players to Millwall have?
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]How many Millwall players have the mental strength? How many big game players to Millwall have?

Must have a few - beaten Norwich and Leeds at the toolbox this season.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]How many Millwall players have the mental strength? How many big game players to Millwall have?
    Hopefully less than what we have. I don't know about Millwall players, I just worry about our players in big games.

That said we had a good performance away at Leeds, nearly won away to Norwich, and beat MK Dons and Huddersfield at home.

There's something about Millwall that makes me think we won't beat them. I get the same feeling when we play Wolves, for no reason at all. Not like when we play Palace, always feels like we have a good chance against them.
  • he's saying all the right things, mind you he said the same before the home game and half our side didn't bother turning up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]he's saying all the right things, mind you he said the same before the home game and half our side didn't bother turning up!

Very true, if we start as badly on saturday as we did in December, then we've got no chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can you bet on players being sent off. My prediction is that Millwall players are all try-hards and will get carried away with their fans and have someone sent off (much like they did at The Valley). We will then win comfortably.
  • Deffo be a sending off.

If Jonjo was playing he'd be off all day long.

Bailey will aim to get someone sent off (again).
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]hardly that inspiring.

No, but there's a more interesting story:

Catford cat
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Deffo be a sending off.

What do you base that on? His disciplinary record is very good
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Deffo be a sending off.

YELLOW CARDS

Semedo - 7
    Burton - 7
    Sam - 5
    Llera - 5
    McLeod - 4
    Youga - 4
    Dailly - 5
    Basey - 4
    Racon - 4
    Sodje - 3
    Elliot - 3
    Bailey - 3
    Shelvey - 2
    Mooney - 2
    Richardson - 1
    Stavrinou - 1
    Wagstaff - 1
    Spring - 1
    McKenzie - 1
    Omozusi - 1
    A Sodje - 1
    Dickson - 1
    Reid - 1

RED CARDS

S Sodje 2
    Burton 1

Oh yeah looking at these post Brighton stats I can fully understand how you have come to that conclusion
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

Catford cat

Very nice - how comes Newsshopper doesn't post these stories on here for us? Much better than the Charlton ones!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]hardly that inspiring.[/quote]

[url=[url]http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/lewgreen/5049468.CATFORD__Curvy_model_speaks_bras__busts_and_boys/[/url]]Catford cat[/url][/quote]

Yes I would....oh sorry, wrong thread!
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]hardly that inspiring.

[url=[url][/url]http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/lewgreen/5049468.CATFORD__Curvy_model_speaks_bras__busts_and_boys/]Catford cat[/url]

Yes I would....oh sorry, wrong thread!

lol who wouldn't she is gorgeous!
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Deffo be a sending off.

What do you base that on? His disciplinary record is very good

I dont think he would get sent off, but I could imagine him being well up for this game.

With him being Charlton/West Ham, he'd wet himself if he scored against them!
  • The best way to not get booked or sent off is of course not to get selected for the team
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon Semedo may have to be careful, he is bound to get a booking at some stage at least. Also if one of theirs get sent off, which is highly possible especially with Bailey on the field, the ref will no doubt want to even things up.

As for Shelvey, would love to see him come on at some stage as he could make a difference with a bit of extra quality, however whether he plays for 5 or 90 minutes, he is bound to get targetted by them a little and the hope is he won't react or do anything silly.
  • sorry I got carried away further down the page at Lauren Colfers big bra comeback....
  • Yes, we thrived, well done Parkinson...keep the faith!