Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

COMPETITION: Name The Football Club - Round 24 + MYSTERY 5 PT BONUS (CLOSED)

2»

Comments

• top norwich
  • bottom- THAMES FC
  • bottom

new brighton
  • Harchester Untied
  • edited March 2010
    bottom Shawfield (Rosebery Park)
  • Top - Notts Forest
    Bottom - Millwall - Old Den
  • reckon friend or defoe has it with halifax.
    i'll throw meadowbank thistle as my guess (bottom)
  • sunderland albion (bottom)
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Top Rotherham

WINNER - 2 POINTS

Not sure when this pic was taken, but you can clearly see some seats missing, either taken when that stand was being built or when they were dismantling it. Does anyone know why Rotherham moved from this ground?
  • edited March 2010
    SHAWFIELD SOMETIMES KNOWN AS SHAWFIELD JUNIORS IS CORRECT

HENRY IRVING WINS THIS AS HE WHISPERED THE ANSWER IMMEDIATELY BUT DIDNT WANT TO SPOIL IT. IN FUTURE THOUGH CAN EVERYONE POST THE ANSWERS SO OTHER FORUM USERS CAN VIEW OR THEY MAY BE CLAIMS THAT ITS NOT A LEGITIMATE GUESS AS ITS NOT REGISTERED FOR ALL TO SEE, THANKS

WINNER - 5 POINTS

THIS IS HENRYS WHISPERED COMMENTS

* CommentAuthorHenry Irving to you
    * CommentTime2 hours agoWhisper back

Shawfield juniors

Got it as it's in a book of defunct grounds.

I'm whispering so as not to spoil it but I'll take the 5 points though : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    LEADERBOARD

NO.1 IN SOUTH LONDON - 11

HENRY IRVING - 8

NICKASPANNER - 6

PAULBACONSARNIE - 5
    FRIEND OR DEFOE - 5

PEAKIEROCKET - 4

VALLEYGARY - 3
    LEWIS COACHES - 3
    SADIEJANE 1981 - 3

COLTHE3RD - 3

DEMODAINTY - 2
    JOHNNYJOEYDEEDEE - 2
    ELTHAMADDICK - 2
    SE9 ADDICK - 2
    OLDBLOKE - 2
    VALLEY11 - 2

RANDY ANDY - 1
    ADDICK1965 - 1
    ASHTRAY - 1
    CARLY BURN - 1
    CURBEY - 1
    MRLARGO - 1
    JT - 1
  • Perhaps the seats are missing because they played Millwall the week before the photo was taken:-)
  • Rotherham moved from Millmoor as talks with the Owner, Ken Booth, broke down. Not sure why the owner and the club cant come to an agreement?

Apparently, The building of the new stand had to be put on hold as they discovered Japanese Knotweed(???) on the site.

This is from Wiki.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Perhaps the seats are missing because they played Millwall the week before the photo was taken:-)

damn why didnt i think of that
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Rotherham moved from Millmoor as talks with the Owner, Ken Booth, broke down. Not sure why the owner and the club cant come to an agreement?

Apparently, The building of the new stand had to be put on hold as they discovered Japanese Knotweed(???) on the site.

This is from Wiki.

interesting, ground looks in good nick. shame..all the old classic grounds are slowly disappearing one way or another
  • Choice - the stand is unfinished. Rotherham moved from Millmoor in 2008 (to the Don Valley Stadium) over a financial dispute with Millmoor owner Ken Booth.

Bonus point?
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Choice - the stand is unfinished. Rotherham moved from Millmoor in 2008 (to the Don Valley Stadium) over a financial dispute with Millmoor owner Ken Booth.

Bonus point?

too late..valleygary gets it for the japanese knotweed!
  • Just when I thought there was an advantage of sitting next to a sweaty at work....
  • Choice: Even though it's exactly what I did - are you honestly going to give ValleyGarry a point for copy and pasting from Wiki?
  • They're due to start work on a new stadium in Rotherham soon, hoorah!

Henry, can you lead me the book? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Choice: Even though it's exactly what I did - are you honestly going to give ValleyGarry a point for copy and pasting from Wiki?

woooaah there. i reworded info from wiki :-)
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Choice: Even though it's exactly what I did - are you honestly going to give ValleyGarry a point for copy and pasting from Wiki?

no, only stadiums with an athletic track
  • Booooo....; )
  • Whatever happened to the grounds with grassy knolls? (bottom pic)
    Crawley used to have one at town mead, good up until October!
  • Whispering the answer should be outlawed on the grounds of bad taste