Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do we usually win when Llera plays?

It seems to me that we have been more successful when Llera plays. Can the statisticians tell me if this is true?

Comments

• played in 1st six games and recent wins so i reckon so
  • Well looking at the defeats he played against Orient and Brighton at home and of course he was shocking away at Colchester. So he's played in 3 of our 5 defeats.
  • Because I'm cool I've gone through the league games he's played:

With Llera starting:

Pld-21
    W- 14 66.6%
    D- 4 19%
    L- 3 14%

Without Llera starting:
    Pld-14
    W- 5 36%
    D- 7 50%
    L- 2 14%
  • I still cant get the Colchester debacle out of my head.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Because I'm cool I've gone through the league games he's played:

With Llera starting:

Pld-21
    W- 14 66.6%
    D- 4 19%
    L- 3 14%

Without Llera starting:
    Pld-14
    W- 5 36%
    D- 7 50%
    L- 2 14%

Good work. If you want to be even sadder you could do the same for Sam Sodje ;-)

Is interesting that considering Sodje is seen as a solid player that makes the odd rash challenge or error, while Llera is still seen to be a complete liability by some.
  • Basically when Llera didn't start Sodje started in his place.
  • Yeah I realised that.
  • Colchester was his real nightmare and I've heard that he played despite being ill so he has taken a lot of unjustified flak in my view.

Big Mig is proper Charlton!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Colchester was his real nightmare and I've heard that he played despite being ill so he has taken a lot of unjustified flak in my view.

Big Mig is proper Charlton!

I havent heard he was ill that game so i can only judge him on what i saw. I think he has improved since then but im just concerned that he might turn in another one of those performances, especially against a big centre forward like Morrison on saturday.
  • He makes a mistake, but he's as honest as the day is long, apart from Colchester, he's been solid, and I'm not a Sam Sodje fan cause he's a far bigger liability
  • Sponsored links:

• Gotta agree that whilst llera has improved, sodje has become more of a liabilty. I thought Sodje was gonna be a big player for us, Leeds away being an example of how good he can be.
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks, BigRedEvil.

So, if he keeps to form, we should end the season with 7 or 8 more wins which should do nicely.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I havent heard he was ill that game so i can only judge him on what i saw. I think he has improved since then but im just concerned that he might turn in another one of those performances, especially against a big centre forward like Morrison on saturday.
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Gotta agree that whilst llera has improved, sodje has become more of a liabilty. I thought Sodje was gonna be a big player for us, Leeds away being an example of how good he can be.
    Which is why they are both good League One centre backs and nothing more, that's not a bad thing considering the level we're at right now.

Llera, like Hudson and McCarthy, can always have those games where he looks far too slow, gets turned easily or lacks a bit of concentration. It happens, we'd have doubts about any centre back we could possibly sign at this level.

Sodje has pace so that's not as much of a problem to him, but he's not as comfortable on the ball as Llera or as good at passing the ball out. Llera's height is very useful as well.
  • I think Sodje has got the potential to be better than a League One player, i dont think Llera does.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I think Sodje has got the potential to be better than a League One player, i dont think Llera does.

Sodje has talent but lacks discipline. In a game like Millwall he will be hyped up and highly likely to get yet another straight red. The last thing we need is playing them with 10 players when our squad, particularly the defence, is already stretched.
  • I think Llera could play at a higher level with better coaching.... Saying that most players could!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I think Sodje has got the potential to be better than a League One player, i dont think Llera does.
    They'd both compete in the Championship, I'm not saying they would be terrible, they just wouldn't be good enough for the better clubs in the league.

Both are surely at or close to their peak now and won't get much better than they are either.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I think Sodje has got the potential to be better than a League One player, i dont think Llera does.
    They'd both compete in the Championship, I'm not saying they would be terrible, they just wouldn't be good enough for the better clubs in the league.

Both are surely at or close to their peak now and won't get much better than they are either.

As Len says, Sodje lacks mental attributes where as i think Llera isnt as good a 'defender' . I think with discipline Sodje could improve.
  • They both make me nervous but I'd have Llera in there every game unless injured or suspended. Parky was partly at fault at Colchester for not subbing him earlier.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I think Sodje has got the potential to be better than a League One player, i dont think Llera does.

As Len says, Sodje lacks mental attributes where as i think Llera isnt as good a 'defender' . I think with discipline Sodje could improve.
    I do agree about Sodje's weaknesses, but (after a quick look) he's 31 at the end of the season. If he hasn't learnt it now, surely he's never going to? Perhaps he'll have to though if he loses a bit of his pace or fitness. He's a good "raw" defender, rather than a good all round footballer, if you know what I mean.