Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disposing of chlorine

During the hot summer of a couple of years ago we bought one of them big swimming pools with a filter.You had to put chlorine and ph minus in it.Well the kids are a bit older the pump broke on the pool and i have shite loads of chlorine left.Does anyone know whether a tip will take it ? I presume it aint safe to tip down drains as well ?

Comments

• Options
    Can you give me the brand name and I will check the safety data sheet and see what it says about disposal for you
  • Options
    Depends on what stuff you have, in a concentrated form it could be nasty, just depends what you have
  • Options
    Contact your local authority who should be able to advise.
  • Options
    Its something I deal with regularly at work, if Northstand can let me know what he has I can look it up and advise
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]Can you give me the brand name and I will check the safety data sheet and see what it says about disposal for you

its sodium hypochlorite from albion chemicals ltd
  • Options
    Looking at it the big worry is about exposure to toxic fumes when released, it advises you speak to your local authority, give your local environmental health a call at the council and they will advise further, do not attempt to wash it away yourself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]Looking at it the big worry is about exposure to toxic fumes when released, it advises you speak to your local authority, give your local environmental health a call at the council and they will advise further, do not attempt to wash it away yourself.

How come it's safe to put in a swimming pool?
  • Options
    Concentration, Jorge

Take it to the Den, Steve, and just leave it in Stuwall's seat - the man clearly needs a breath of fresh air
  • Options
    Its heavily diluted!
  • Options
    mate no goods news its gona cost. You need to get it done by a certified company, and i would ask for a disposal certificate as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put it on e-bay. When someone buys it (to make a bomb) grass them up to MI5 and become a hero. Win bonus as you get rid of it as well ! Bonza.

Or is that Hydrogen Peroxide ?

Or Tri-Nitro-Toluene ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Or is that Hydrogen Peroxide ?

Hydrogen Peroxide is found in rainwater, fast flowing mountain streams and breast milk.
    Our bodies manufacture it, amongst other purposes, as part of our immune system.

Most bimbos in Chatham use it to bleach their hair and their tiny triangle left after shaving.

At 90% concentration, it's also rocket fuel.
  • Options
    Don't touch it without proper rubber gloves on else you will really know about it!

Tip it in the Cray, no harm done ;-)
  • Options
    Excellent cockwash
  • Options
    Don't use it as cockwash, that was a joke
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Don't use it as cockwash, that was a joke

Yeah go on Steve I dare you ................

If its to expensive to get rid of let me know
  • Options
    i have some bodies to dispose of, leave it out for me bud it will save the rozzas getting on to me
  • Options
    Knowing you as I do and considereing the way the last 4 seasons have gone, I would have thought you'd have drunk it by now!!
  • Options
    As someone has already suggested the infamous Stuwall, why stop there? With my suggestion neither the Chlorine or the pool will go to waste. Take half a dozen of your regular brain dead super hard Spanner supporters, fill the pool (along with the Chlorine) and chuck em in, when they surface for a hearty round of "No one likes us....." etc etc etc, yawn..........just take a yard broom and dunk the silly little gormless feckers under again, simples and good job done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Knowing you as I do and considereing the way the last 4 seasons have gone, I would have thought you'd have drunk it by now!!

bugger - beat me to it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you could always drink it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]During the hot summer of a couple of years ago we bought one of them big swimming pools with a filter.You had to put chlorine and ph minus in it.Well the kids are a bit older the pump broke on the pool and i have shite loads of chlorine left.Does anyone know whether a tip will take it ? I presume it aint safe to tip down drains as well ?

Contact the supplier - they should take it back. If they don't send me a whisper.

D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Knowing you as I do and considereing the way the last 4 seasons have gone, I would have thought you'd have drunk it by now!!

Just found this thread and now pissing myself laughing.

Comedy Gold
  • Options
    piss off mr irving,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]piss off mr irving,

Cheers
  • Options
    ;-)